i can see you're lonely down there (don't you know that i am right here?)

"Lou," a soft whisper wraps around Louis like fog, melting everything around him and he feels himself slowly drowning amidst the obscurity, "do you see it?" It's soft, spoken in reverence, and Louis wants to indulge in the voice forever. So soft, so perfect. The cities are quiet, as Harry speaks, it's like they know, "Can you see it?"

"See what?"

"Mars, silly," Harry points at the sky, long slender fingers gracefully tracing around the blood-red planet, "It's Mars."

Or, five times Louis didn't recognise Harry's infatuation, and the one time he did.

**

a/n: i haven't written in awhile so this is gonna be interesting

i love 5+1 stories sooo this is my best attempt at a recreation of one

in case u dont know what a 5+1 is, it's a story where there are five scenarios that fit a theme + 1 other scenario that doesnt. example: five times x almost happened and one time it did

fuck you all. i was gonna make this angsty as hell and not give them a happy ending but out of persuasion also pure PAIN i couldnt do it. i couldnt make them suffer. so enjoy extreme hurt/comfort content with fluffy ass SHIT at the end.

song inspo,, satellite by harry styles, quite obvious from the title. so lots of space shit + metaphors that i dont know at ALL bc i dont like space

**

Sometimes Louis wonders how the earth was given the privilege to meet Harry Styles.

It feels baffling at times, with his shining eyes, cute dimples, and sparkly giggles. It feels awfully optimistic in a world filled to the brim with pessimism, luminescing where others fail. It's a blessing, a blessing to all of present humanity, that Harry Styles is alive today.

It is also a blessing to Louis Tomlinson.

He will never truly understand the amount of gratitude his heart fills with whenever he thinks about the boy, whether that be a fleeting thought in the middle of the day or a late-night guilty pleasure as he dreams in wonderland. He plagues his mind, and Louis can do nothing but stop it from happening. It's his best friend, of course, his best friend who's saved his life in countless ways and has lit up the little universe in his soul, painting the stars with shiny glitter that no amount of scrubbing can wipe off.

So it's no wonder Louis panics when he starts to realise the distance that's forming between them.

**

1.

It all started with the weird glances.

Louis really doesn't know what's up, except that Harry was giving him really, really, strange glances. The ones that kinda churn your stomach in weird ways, or make your heart flutter a little. It jolts through Louis like electricity and leaves him absolutely confused but wanting more, little pops of static buzzing underneath his fingertips. He tries to brush it off; perhaps it's just all in his head.

But whatever.

It's not like much has changed, he's still Harry. Laughing, giggling, adorable Harry. They still talk, and he still shares his stupid rainbow ideologies that not much of the world gets to see. He still had his curls, his stupid dimples, and his striking green eyes. He still holds conversation and manages to still squeeze the absolute shit out of Louis' heart.

He's still present in Louis' feverish dreams, often appearing in rose-tinted hues and covering the world in bubblegum fantasies. He paints Louis' dreams with colorful magic, and everything is so tragically beautiful. So devastatingly wonderful.