in another life part 2......

Hey!! It's shade :)

I decided to give y'all a happy ending as Caroline is too evil to do so. I hope you like this!!

Oh and Dahlia is the name of Harry's wife :)

its caroline, btw this is NOT canon louis still died 🧍‍♀️

**

He looks at it all one more time, before smiling to himself, his last thought being the face of Harry, before letting his feet slip off the edge to the calming waters below, hundreds of feet underneath him.

His eyes are closed for a few more seconds, before he realizes he's not fucking falling.

He's falling off of a bridge, yet he's not even falling.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" He hears someone scream from above him and suddenly he's aware of the hand around his wrist that's keeping him from reaching his goal.

With an electric shock through his body, he realizes he /knows/ that voice.

It's fucking Harry's.

Harry couldn't fucking believe his eyes.

One second he was just taking a walk and the next he's seeing his best friend try to kill himself and running over to him, gripping his wrist at the right moment.

"WHAT THE HELL LOUIS!" He screams, tears in his eyes as he tries to pull him back up.

"NO! STOP FUCKING RESISTING!" he yells, trying to stop Louis' kicking and screaming to let him go.

He finally manages to pull him up by a strong tug, Louis sliding back onto the bridge and immediately trying to crawl back to the edge, despite Harry's strong arms wrapped around him.

"NO!" he keeps screaming. "NO LET ME GO!" he thrashes. He can't be this close to Harry and not want to confess. He needs to go back to the edge. He needs to.

Harry clearly has other plans. He keeps holding Louis, crying and sobbing in his neck as the love of his life is trying to escape, trying to end his life right before Harry's eyes.

"W-why would you do this" Harry sobs in his shoulder, holding desperately onto Louis, in hopes of keeping him at bay and to save him.

The question made Louis freeze and sag in Harry's arms, slumping against his chest as he started crying.

"B-because I fucking love you, damn it" he hiccuped, closing his eyes and taking gasping breaths as he finally confessed and said the three words and did something he vowed to never, ever to do.

But Louis didn't care anymore. He just wanted this to end. All of it. To be done for.

Harry froze at that. His entire body stiffened up, his mouth went dry and his eyes were big like a deer caught into a headlight.

"Like- like I get that you're married now and everything, b-but God, Harry. I've fallen for you. So god damn hard. Ever since the day I met you. I literally fucking fell in love with you at 18 and now I'm 28 and it's been a decade and I'm still- still in love with you and not a day has gone by that I didn't want to kiss you, that I wanted to tell you that I love you a million times over. And y-yeah, it hurt like a bitch, seeing you with her but I thought- I thought that-"

"That if you couldn't have me as a lover you could have me as a friend" Harry finished his sentence, voice cracking half way as more tears leaked out of his eyes.

Louis frowned, turning his head to look at Harry. His Harry. His beautiful, emerald eyed, Curly haired, Harry.

"Yeah... how did you..."