Chapter 27

First of all to those of you who actually care: So I didnt clear up that humans can have werewolf mates. It doesnt really matter, I'm the author and they just can okay? Muahahahaha ^.^

Second of all: FUTURE HEARTS BY ALL TIME LOW. IT'S BEAUTIFUL. DONT YA THINK.

Third of all: Favoruite fan rn? Nadimausi.
SamAndDeanW, your username. It's brilliant.
And AlexandriaWoodall, RoseWolf03, and JoceRenae_17, Shoutout to you guys :3

Fourth of all: I'm sorry Valerie had to go (I have been planning it for ages)

Fifth of all: I have exams in May, and summer is pretty much over and done with. A moment of silence for all you who have exams coming up. What are you the most afraid you'll fail in? What do you think you'll do the best in?

And finally: MUCH OVER 200K READS WHAT IS EVEN WITH THIS BOOK.

(The A/N was long, and with this apology for it being long I'm making it longer. LOVE YOU GUYS)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wiped the sweat off my upper brow, attempting to quickly shove my brown hair into a messy ponytail. My hair was flinging round my face as I was fighting, my sight at a disadvantage.

'Crap' I mumbled to myself, noticing how significantly longer it had grown.
It had taken longer than I had anticipated, and in the middle of combat, I wasnt fast enough. 

Kaitlyn pushed me down, my body falling harshly backwards on the gym mat, my half-done ponytail collapsing.

She hovered over me, pressing the smooth side of her broken wooden stick to my throat. Broken, courtesy of me of course.
I sighed in defeat.

'Seriously? Tying your hair up in the middle of a battle?' She raised one of her light eyebrows, amusement laced across her emotions.

'I misjudged how long it would take! It's grown too long for my liking' I grumbled, shoving her stick to the side of me.

I pushed myself off the floor, tying my hair up properly this time as I walked over to where my training bag was.

'Hey, you know the sign up sheets for first line are up?' Kaitlyn said beside me, shoving her training gear inside her small bag.

'I heard. Whats with having to sign up on paper for the being in the first line of attack for the war anyway? Its a bit weird, dont you think?' I felt my eyebrows furrow in confusion, as I took a long drink from my plastic water bottle.

'Very. Something about the Alpha having a lot of work to do and the system makes collecting the data easier? I dont really know. You signing up?'

'Hell yes. You?'

'Already have. I didnt whoop your butt today at combat for nothing' Kaitlyn smirked, tossing her jumper over her shoulder.

'Aside from that.. how are you holding up? You know you can talk to me whenever you want right?' She said, expression and tone changed, a glint of sympathy in her eyes.

'I know... I hate it. I hate that it had to happen. These past few days, with the funeral and everything... I'm just ready to avenge her. So goddamn ready' My tone was laced with anger, my heartbeat still racing from the fight.

'Good. I know she's proud to have you as a mother' Kaitlyn placed her hand on my shoulder, before pulling me into a much-needed hug.

I refused to let anymore tears leave my eyes. I'm not even sure I have any left.

We pulled back from the hug, and walked to the exit of the training gym.

'The sheet is outside the main office, just a heads up' She said, as we both begun to walk our seperate ways.
I nodded in agreement.