𝐭𝐞𝐧. 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠

»»————— ⧗ —————««

【 𝐭𝐞𝐧. 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠 】

»»————— ⧗ —————««

Ohio | 1995 | this is a memory.

The three sisters are playing hide and seek on a breezy day, Yelena is the seeker, but as always Natasha and Katerina would always cheat and run away to make the game harder for Yelena.

The two ran hurriedly as they looked around to find their new hiding spot then Kat giggled, She's wearing a Jumpsuit underneath a sleeveless white shirt.

"Shh! She might hear us" Natasha scolded. She's wearing an oversized t-shirt and short denim shorts.

Once they got away from where Yelena is, they stopped a moment to catch their breaths. Kat bent over, holding her knees for support, she looked down and found some pink roses on the ground, she picked them up and gave them to Nat. 

"I knew you loved flowers," she said placing the roses in her warm silk palm.

Nat's eyes twinkled and a smile teased her lips. The sun burns on Kat's face as she looked up to see a sycamore tree

"Wanna go tree climbing Nat?" said Kat with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. 

Natasha looked up quickly and nodded while smiling brightly.

 Natasha jumped to reach the nearest strong branch, her arms pulling her body upward then she sat on the branch and stretched her arms to offer help to Kat, Kat gladly grab Nat's hand and she pulled her upward, she placed her other hand on the trunk for support and sat on it. 

"I wanna go higher!" she giggled.

"Alright but don't fall!" said Natasha, then she climbs higher so she can assist her sister in climbing.

The wind blows as Kat grabs another branch to go higher, the toes of her shoes make crumbling sounds as they drag against the sturdy trunk. The ground is only a few feet away, but the tree is already pouring life through her skin, The wind caressing her hair.

She and Nat sat on a long branch, facing each other. "We're so high up!" Kat giggled.

Natasha smiled, "I bet she can't find us here" They stared into the beautiful clouds, the sky is mixed with dark blue and pink.

Kat took something on her pocket and stretched her arms to show Nat, "Look at my new Captain America trading card"

Natasha took it and stared at it, "I traded it with a spider I caught in the forest last week" Kat shared, She took the card from Nat's hand and looked at it, "I'm gonna marry him someday" she added.

Natasha laughed at her, "That's impossible, he's dead"

Kat shot her a glare, "He's not, the kids on the park said he isn't and heroes don't die"

"Whatever you say, but don't let Dad saw that or he'll be furious" Natasha grinned.

"I don't like my hair - it looks so ugly" frowned Kat, changing the subject, after a little pause, during which she strokes her red with black highlight hair.

Natasha turned her head to look at her, "I think it's good - it brings out your eyes" she mused, smiling.

Kat smiled while she rolled her eyes. "No, it doesn't, I like my hair before and I wanted to look like Mary Poppins"

Natasha giggled at her, "You are way prettier than Mary Poppins"

Kat shrugged shyly, "I like your hair, Nat - can you teach me how to ride a bike?" she pleaded.

"I thought you didn't want to?"

"I changed my mind, I'm running away to go to California and live with the Brady Bunch"

The sisters mostly spend their time watching The Brady Bunch or Full house on television since that's their favorite sitcoms. 

Natasha grinned, "Why's that?"

Kat frowned while she leaned her back in the trunk, "'Cause! we never got real presents! that's so not fair" 

Natasha locked her eyes with her, "You do get presents . . . sometimes, Mom always bought you things" she muttered.

Natasha isn't stupid to know that Melina's favorite is Kat, since she was a spoiled girl but not selfish for she shared most of her things with her sisters, but that doesn't matter 'cause their parents feed and clothe them and that's good enough for her.

 Kat complained, "But we never get real presents on Christmas, it's all just empty wrapped boxes-" 

"Found you both!" Yelena shouted, looking up at them. She's wearing a blue spaghetti strap and white shorts, she's holding her toy pony in her hand as always.

They looked down at her and she's laughing in victory.

Kat and Nat shared a laugh, "But can you reach us here" Kat yelled for her sister to hear.

Lena tried to jump to touch them but she failed, "I cant! I don't know how to climb a tree" Yelena yelled back.

Natasha climbs down to go lower so she can help Yelena to climb, Yelena grabs her hand, "Ha! I got you" she giggled, She shook her head for not wanting to climb.

"It's okay" Nat reassured her, 

"Just look at the view up there" she added, Yelena trusted her and grabbed her hand, Natasha pulled her up and she helped her climb, They sat on a long strong branch where Kat sat.

Yelena's face lighten up, "Woah" 

They stayed on the top while staring at the beautiful sky and waited for their dad to come home.