Take down Walker

Back on the plane, you were walking back from the bathroom as you hear Sam on the phone with Torres. Zemo shoots you a look and you glare at him, not wanting him to mess around with you.

"Donya Madani. She's a refugee, yeah. Okay. Call me if you get a hit. Thanks, Torres."

Sam sighed as he sat himself on the seat.

"You okay?" You questioned Sam as you sat in front of him.

"Yeah. Just thinking about all the shit Sharon had to go through. And Nagel referring to the American test subject like Isaiah wasn't even a real person. Just makes me wonder how many people have to get steamrolled to make way for this hunk of metal." Sam ranted.

"Well, it depends on who you ask. That hunk of metal saved a lot of lives." You reminded Sam, who seemed like he got your message that he messed up.

"Yeah, I get that. All right. Maybe I made a mistake." Sam admitted.

"You did." Bucky shot.

"Yeah. Maybe I shouldn't have put it in a museum. Maybe I should have destroyed it." Sam scoffed.

You raise an eyebrow at Sam.

"Look, that shield represents a lotta things to a lotta people, including Y/N and I. The world is upside down, and we need a new Cap, and it ain't gonna be Walker. So before you go and destroy it, I'm gonna take it from him myself." Bucky stares intensely into Sam's eyes. You watched it, knowing that Bucky has had enough.

Sam's phone begins to vibrate.

"Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Thanks. Good work. They found Madani... Dead. She died in Riga, a city near the Baltic Sea." Sam informs you and Bucky.

"I have a place we can go. I, for one, am looking forward to coming face to face with Karli. Oeznik, we're changing the course."

Bucky and Sam glanced at you as you just looked down, not knowing how this is all going to turn out.