Chapter 8

Shizhui came up to Jing ling who was now holding the sleeping baby girl in his arms. Both smiled.
JL : She is so beautiful, isn't she?
SZ : She is love! *kind loving eyes*

A minute ago he was this ferocious man and now the kindest soul.

SZ : *to a disguised Jiang Cheng * Sir can I please get some spiceless Congee with butter, and sorry for the nuisance which I caused.
JC : No problem.

After a while, disguised Lan zhan comes with the Congee.
SZ : it's perfect! Thank you so much sir.
LZ : Mn.
Shizhui slowly takes the sleeping baby, from Jing ling and tries to wake her up. At first she was startled to see him but soon calmed down. He took a little spoonfull of Congee and fed her. She was so pleased to have something to eat. He was very patient with her.

On seeing this,
ZWJ : Wangji I remember you feeding A-yuan like that.
LZ : *smiles* Yes Xiaxhiong.

But the baby girl is burning with fever.
SZ : Zizhen could you please give her some medicine to get better?
ZZ : Sure, take this syrup, give it to her every 2 hours. She will be fine by tomorrow.

By this Zizhen and Jing Yi left.
SZ : Love! You can go take rest, I am here.
JL : No I am fine, I took wanna take care of her.

Every now and then she would let out a little cry and Shizhui would coo her to sleep. At one point, he was humming the lullaby which Lan zhan used to sing to him to put him to sleep.

The sun came up and her fever went down. She seemed to have lost her memory to the fever. Something, Shizhui knew of, he had once experienced it.

SZ : *in a voice sweeter than a woman * Good morning, dear! How are we feeling? *takes her up in his arms * Are we feeling better!?

JL : *checks her forehead * the fever is off. *finds a locket in her clothes *whats this.

She is seen playing with Shizhui's long hair and reaching for the ribbon. Then a disguised Wei Wuxian gives her some apples to eat. He makes faces to make her smile.

Jing ling opens the locket and finds a small paper in it. It said, " This is Li Yanli, slave of Po Kiang.... "
After reading this Jing ling fell to the ground crying.