Special

It's often never talked about, how caring Jiang Cheng was towards Jin ling. So here's my take on this.

It's right after tragedies of the burial mounds, when everything is slowly simmering down. Back at lotus pier, Jiang Cheng enters a room, it was filled with colorful clothes, towels and toys and in the middle of the room there laid a little cot. He neared it and found his now orphaned nephew, Jin ling wrapped in bright golden towel. With care and gentleness he picked his nephew in his arms. He never knew that he could cradle a baby so well. The sleeping baby opened his eyes , gurgled and cooed at his JiuJiu. Jiang Cheng was smiling yet tears ran down his face.

Jin ling was a tough child to handle by the care givers. He often cried all day, on noticing so Jiang Cheng fired all of them and used to take Jin ling everywhere he went. Jin ling barely cried in his JiuJiu's arms.

Jin ling said his first word in Jiang Cheng's office, it was, "Maa" but alas he only had his JiuJiu to hear it, he used to crawl to Jiang Cheng's lap calling him mother. Slowly he learned not to do so.

 Slowly he learned not to do so

Many a suitors came to marry the Sandu Shengshou, but all of them got refused cause he was strictly unwilling to divide his attention from his nephew.

Until ten years old, Jiang Cheng used to spoon feed Jin ling, he trusted no one else to feed his nephew. Often when jin ling used to had nightmares, he used to go to his JiuJiu in the middle of the night.
JC : "Brat! How long will you be a scaredy cat? Be brave!! "
Even if he said so he used to pull him in his warm big lap and lull him to sleep. Jin ling loved this.
When he got sick Jiang Cheng used spiral out of his wits and shout at every one around.

Even when he got older, and became a teenager, Jin ling knew though his JiuJiu scolds him, and threatens to break him legs there is no one who gets him more than him.

Hence even after being engaged to Shizhui ,and being loved by him, Jin ling still find comfort in his JiuJiu's lap.

The smell from the purple lapels of the Sandu Shengshou oddly hits home

The smell from the purple lapels of the Sandu Shengshou oddly hits home. His lap is his eternal peace, and his tough love his heaven.

It's well known among the Gusu and Jiang clan people that the only the Sandu Shengshou was quiet for a full week was when his nephew got married. It is said he only broke his silence with a weep, saying
JC : " Come home whenever you want, my brat!! "

The love that Jiang Cheng has for Jin ling knows no bounds. Who says that one needs to be a woman to be a mother, Jiang Cheng proved them all wrong. He was both father and mother to his little brat. Something I am sure Jiang Yanli would have been proud of.