Chapter 10

-Arisa POV-

Kinro walked to his spear, which was completely destroyed...
"Jeez, the golden spear's in pieces" said Ginro.
"Sorry, but you'll have to forgive us, Kinro" said Kohaku.

"It was an emergency" I said.
"I'm sure Senku will make you another one" said Suika.
"Hey, where'd your spear go? It's gone, eh?" bullied Ginro. "The golden spear that you had made for you and never let me borrow. Huh?"

Kinro hit Ginro hard and walked away.
"Senku, we may have failed to make magnets" said Kohaku suddenly and we all looked at her, she was holding the two bars. "They won't go near each other, let alone stick! They're being repelled by some mysterious force"

"You have the poles backwards" said Senku and turned one of the magnets, causing them to stick together suddenly.
"Now we can make that crazy electricity thing, right?" said Chrome.

"But Senku, are you making a thermal generator?" asked Gen. "Wind turbines? Don't tell me you're making a nuclear reactor"
"Muscle-powered generator" said Senku.
"Of course, I should have known" said Gen.

~

Senku's face looked like a squirrel...
'I warned him...'
We made two copper discs for the generator.

"So, Senku..." said Gen. "I've been wondering when I should bring this up... why have you turned into Anpanman?"
"Lacquer rash" said Senku.
"I did warn you" I sighed.

~

"All right!" said Chrome when it was finished.
"It's the kingdom of science's special dual-wield hand-crank generator" said Senku.
"We have to spin the two disks at the same time?" asked Kohaku. "That'll be pretty hard"

"We just need two people to do it together" said Suika.
"We'll have to spin it in perfect timing or it'll crumble to bits" said Chrome.
"If only there were two people who worked in perfect sync and had a lot of energy..." said Senku, and we all thought about the same 2 persons...

"You lot again" said Kinro coldly when we went to them. "What do you want this time?"
"I'll show you our badass science machine! Come with us!" said Chrome.
"Why would I go?" said Kinro.

"You're as stubborn as ever" said Kohaku. "What are you not satisfied with?"
"He's probably upset about his golden spear getting wrecked" I said.
"Man, electricity is so amazing" said Gen. "In technological civilization, our world of sorcery, all sorts of contraptions work on electricity. With electricity, we might even be able to make and repair gold and silver spears. Right, Senku?"

'Probably not'
But... it worked like a charm...
Kinro and Ginro spin the two copper circles.

"You can count on the brothers to be perfectly in sync with each other" said Kohaku.
"Now that we have Kinro and Ginro, the kingdom of science is really starting to shape up" said Senku.
"Are they really making electricity?" asked Gen.

Senku showed him a small bamboo string.
"This is a steam-roasted bamboo string" said Senku and climbed onto the shed.
"Do you need it to be a high spot?" asked Kohaku.

"It doesn't matter" said Senku. "But hey, we might as well"
"I see, it's an Edison light bulb made using Japanese bamboo" said Gen.
"Edison light bulb?" asked Suika.

"Ari, remember when we were little, when you were scared of the dark?" asked Senku.
"Yeah" I said. "You made a small light for me in my room, that I could hide from my parents. Since they didn't believe me when I said I was scared"
Suddenly, the top of the shed was light up with bright light...

-Flashback-
"Arisa? Why are you crying?" asked Senku, I was staying over, since my parents left on a business trip.
"It's dark" I said and he sat next to me. "Mom doesn't believe me, she keeps it dark in my room"
He turned on a light and rubbed my head.

"Don't worry" he said. "We can keep this light on for tonight. Tomorrow, I'll make you a small light. That you can hide from your mom"
"Really?" I asked and he smiled.
"Of course, with science, you can make anything" he said and I smiled back