Chapter 26

-Arisa POV-

I was up in the trees, shooting arrow after arrow, disarming the enemy's weapons.
I saw Chrome running onto the field and I covered him.
"Thanks Ari!" he shouted.

"Go back to the cave you idiot!" I scolded.
Hyoga and Tsukasa were too good...
'I'm not sure how much longer we can hold on...'

I saw Tsukasa throw a tree trunk at me, I jumped to the higher branch just in time.
I quickly jumped to the next tree before the tree I was on fell down.
"Oy! That could've actually killed me you asshole!" I shouted.

I saw Hyoga pinning down Kohaku, so I shot an arrow at his weapon, destroying it.
"Nice shot, Ari!" shouted Kohaku.
We were defeated...

But then, over my head I saw a paper airplane.
"Arisa! Get out of the tree!" shouted Senku.
I jumped to the ground and got closer to the cave.

"This isn't a battle between might and science, Tsukasa" said Senku. "Might is science"
The paper plane flew against the tree and it exploded...
'Holy crap, dynamite?!'

"Do you know the ancient Greek word for power?" he asked. "It's dynamite. I can save everyone with this paper airplane dynamite"
"Wh-Wh-What was that?!" said Ginro.
"Anyone caught in that would be gone without a trace" said Kinro.

"Senku, you've gone crazy" I whispered.
"We made it just in time" laughed Senku. "You held up well, battle team"
"The Kingdom of Science has just completed dynamite!" said Gen. "It has the power of ten billion megaton joules"

'Pretty sure he's just pulling that out of his ass...'
"Megaton? Dynamite? In this age?"
"They'll never be able to hit us with paper planes though"
"Yeah, it's all-or-nothing!"

"We have dynamite arrows too" Ukyo was holding his bow with an arrow dipped in dynamite. "These are a little more accurate than paper planes"
"Ukyo!" I shouted. I was glad that he was standing, but he was still hurt...

"The tides have turned" said Gen. "The war is over. That's it! The end!"
The enemy dropped their weapons and I ran to Ukyo.
He lowered his bow and smiled.

"I'm okay" he whispered and I smiled.
"I'm glad" I whispered. "But, maybe give that dynamite arrow to me"
"Yeah, good idea" he chuckled and gave me the arrow.

"Whether I parry it or smack it down, it'll explode" said Tsukasa. "There's no way to dodge a large blast. Yes, it's true that we're out of moves. But that would surely cause collateral damage and kill many people. Senku, you're incapable of abandoning people. You would never sacrifice yourself either"

"Well, well, it looks like we're both stuck" said Senku. "This isn't a victory, it's a stalemate"
"And you deliberately created this situation" said Tsukasa. "Which means, Senku, your objective is..."
"Yeah, to negotiate, Tsukasa" said Senku. "Gen, you said you first met Tsukasa on a TV special"

"Eh? Yeah, that's right" said Gen.
"Don't you think that's a bit odd?" asked Senku. "He could have had everything in the world, yet he's pushing forward with the noble goal of purifying established powers or whatever. That's the kind of man Tsukasa Shishio is. Yet this guy has been participating in a ton of fights and showing up on TV all the time, making a ton of money. So much that he earned the nickname 'strongest primate high schooler'. It just doesn't add up. That just doesn't seem like his style"

"That's true" said Gen. "Making a ton of money seemed like such an obvious thing to do that I never even thought about it"
"What do you need all that money for?" asked Senku. "For whom? She's alive, isn't she, Tsukasa? Your sister, I mean"

"His sister?" I said.
"We might be able to heal her" said Senku and dropped some revival fluid on a petrified bird. "With the peripheral healing effect of reviving from petrification. It's all-or-nothing, but there's a chance"