Chapter 14

-Arisa POV-

"I'll leave the village for now" said Gen. "You wouldn't want to have to deal with an outsider who isn't family or a contestant, right, Kinro the guard? We can talk about your end of our deal after you've captured the village, Senku"

"Sure" said Senku.
"Match two of the semi-finals will now begin" said Jasper. "Senku versus Ginro. Both contestants, forward"

Ginro began with an attack on Senku.
"What the hell's gotten into you, Ginro?!" shouted Senku.
"I mean... Ruri said she'll marry anyone!" shouted Ginro. "So maybe I have a shot at being village chief, too! Maybe it's finally my time to shine!"

"G-Ginro, you..." said Kinro.
"He's way too scummy" said Kohaku.
"Disgusting" I whispered.

"If I become the chief, I'll get to have ramen every day!" said Ginro. "And a harem! I'm going to turn it into a super awesome village!"
"We have to take down that scum now!" said Kohaku.
"But my brother doesn't stand a chance" I said.

"Senku..." Chrome had crawled to the watermelon mask. "Our weapon is science, is it not?"
He threw it to Senku.
"I guess I don't have a choice" said Senku, he placed his weapon on the watermelon.
Ginro went to him and when he was close, Senku stepped on his weapon, making it go into Ginro's balls...

Ginro was down!
"Winner: Senku!" announced Jasper.
"Ginro's down!"
"Senku's going to the finals!"

"The whole village has come together!" said Suika.
"Yeah" said Chrome. "Now we can turn the village into a kingdom of science... and we can save... Ruri"
"All right, it's the final now" said Senku. "Now I just need to lose on purpose, and Chrome, you'll marry Ruri and become the village chief. Happily ever afters all around! Get up and..."

Chrome was knocked out...
"Um, he's conked out" said Suika.
"He must be mighty relieved to know that Ruri's going to be all right" said Kohaku.

"Does that mean the final..." said Suika.
"The new village chief, the husband of the priestess... is the winner of the Grand Bout, Senku!" announced Jasper.
"Heh?" said Senku and I at the same time.
I began to laugh, Senku was married.

"Well, this is a pain in the ass" said Senku. "So I just have to marry Ruri, and the whole village is mine, right? I'll do it, then"
"Senku's married!" said Suika.
"Hold it, Senku! Where do you even come from?" asked Kokuyo, Kohaku's father. "I won't allow an outsider to become the chief!"

"Well, well, if it isn't the former village chief" said Senku. "I don't have a millimetre of interest in your lack of approval"
"Who are we supposed to side with?" asked someone from the village.
"With Kokuyo, obviously!" said a woman. "What are you, mental?!"

"But he won in front of the gods, fair and square" said someone else.
"And he's married to the priestess too"
"Whatever, a win is a win" said Senku. "Wine! Bring me wine!"

"That's too blunt, Senku" I said.
"You sound like one of those people!" said Kaseki.

They brought us a few barrels of alcohol.
"This barrel's no good" said the man. "It's turned into vinegar"
"Don't chuck it! We need that too!" said Senku.

Ruri began to cough and I saw blood on her hands...
'We're running out of time...'
"Let's head back and finish the sulfa drug..." began Senku.

"Hold it!" interrupted someone from the village. "Where do you think you're going? You're the guest of honour"
"Come on, have a drink" said another man.

"We're drinking through the night to celebrate. It's tradition" said the man.
"Oh, really?" said Senku. "I'm divorcing then"
"Senku got divorced!" said Suika.

I grabbed a few barrels while Kohaku grabbed the others.
"I got a ton of alcohol and vinegar!" laughed Senku while dragging Kaseki with him. "Let's haul ass, citizens of the kingdom of science!"
"Since when am I a citizen of the kingdom of science?" asked Kaseki.
"Sorry, Ruri! I'll explain later!" shouted Kohaku.

~

Kaseki made a machine that would make carbonate water.
And he made Gen wait with him.
We went back to the science lab, where Chrome was still knocked out.

Senku put two sticks in Chrome's nose, making him wake up.
"Wake up and smell the ammonia!" said Senku. "Get up and help out, science team! Now we just need to put it together, and we're done. We're going to finish the ultimate cure-all sulfa drug by tomorrow"
"Tomorrow?!" said Chrome.