III

'UGHH! I can't believe that Kuzco. Building a pool in place of our village? I DON'T THINK SO!' I thought. I sat down on the edge of the cart. I notice a sack that wasn't there when we left the city. It started to move. Wait...MOVE?! Pacha opens the sack and a llama pops out.
    "Huh? Woah, where did you come from little guy?" He asks.
    "N- no touchy." The llama says back as a response. And with that, Pacha and I scream. I fall back and onto the ground, rubbing my back as I stand up.
    "AAOH! DEMON LLAMA" Pacha yells.
    "Demon llama? Where?" The talking llama says. He looks at Misty and screams. He jumps out of the bag trying to run, but he just falls to the ground.
    "Okay, demon llama. Take t easy. We aren't here to harm you."
    "what are you talking about." He looks at Pacha, confused. "Oh wait, I know you! You're that whiny peasant from earlier. And the girlie who was with you!" Pacha is taken aback by this.
    "Emperor Kuzco??" He says, surprised and confused by his appearance. So that's why his voice was so familiar.
    "Yeah...who do you think you were talking to?"
    "uhm..how did you...uh, you don't look like the Emperor."
    "What do you mean I don't look like the Emperor?" I decide to speak up again.
    "uhm..do this" I say, holding up my hand and wiggling my fingers. He looks at me frustrated.
    "What is this, some kind of game you country folk like to—aaaAH! No! It can't be! Aah! Aah! Aah! My face, my beautiful, beautiful face!" He screams, looking around and putting his hands...uh..hooves on is face. God, has he ever thought that maybe he is is the whiny one? I giggle and Kuzco looks at me, clearly upset still.
    "Hey! This is no laughing matter! This is serious.!" I stopped and looked away, holding in more of my laughter. Pacha attempts to calm him down, but it doesn't seem to be working much.
    "okay, okay. Okay."
    "I'm an ugly, stinky llama!"
    "wait, okay, Yyour Majesty-"
    "llama face!" Kuzco shouts, sobbing.
    "Shh! What happened. Do you remember?" I ask him, hoping for some sort of clarification.
    "I'm trying to figure that out, okay?" He says. he tries to stand, but fails miserably. "Ooh! I can't remember! I can't— wait a minute. I remember telling you two about building my pool in place of your village, you got upset and spoke up. I offered you to be my Empress, then you rejected me. Ooh!" He glares at us, as if he connected the dots. "And you turned me into a llama!" Pacha protests.
    "What? No we did not."
    "Yes, and then you kidnapped me!"
    "why would I kidnap a llama." Pacha and Emperor Kuzco start to argue about the situation.
    "I have no idea. You're the criminal mastermind, not me."
    "What?!" I jump in. Kuzco turns to look at me.
    "Hmm. You're right. That's giving you way too much credit." I scoff at this. I sit back down on a boulder, trying to process how this all happened. "Okay, I have to get back to the palace. Yzma's got that 'secret lab'. I'll just snap my fingers and order her to change me back. Hey, no time to waste. Let's go." He starts walking away, grabbing onto the fence for support. Neither Pacha or I move an inch. Like we were going to take him back after what he's told us about this pool of his?
    "Hey, sweetheart, I wanna get out of this body. Wouldn't you? Now come on." I roll my eyes as I feel the anger bubbling up inside.
    "Build your summer house someplace else." Pacha says.
    "Hmm? Wanna run that by me again?"
    "you heard what he said." I snap, again. Man, some jerk he is.
    "Hmph. I've got a secret for you. Come here." I move closer, suspicious. "No no, closer. I DON"T MAKE DEALS WITH PEASANTS!" I jump back, covering my now ringing ear.
    "well then, we can't take you back." I say, glaring at him. he returns the look.
    "Fine. I don't need you anyway. I can find my own way back." Wow. He really thinks he can make it there himself? As a llama? PFFT, yah right.
    "I wouldn't recommend it. It's too dangerous if you don't know the way." Pacha says, stepping forward a pinch.
    "Nice try, pal."
    "No really, there's snakes, jaguars, quicksand..."
    "not listening"
    "Hey, we're not kidding.You cannot go in there!"
    "la, la, la, la. Oh, heh. Still not listening." My face gets red with anger as I sit there with my hands balled up in fists. My shoulders tense a little.
    "Oh you little.....Fine. Go on ahead. If there's no Kuzco, then there's no Kuzcotopia. Takes care of our problem." Pacha waves him arm in Kuzco's direction and walks off. he keeps looking back. I stop him.
    "we're going after him, aren't we?" I ask. he nods.
    "yup. I'll go tell Chicha we're heading back." I sit there still, but watching Kuzco as he walks into the jungle. he obviously doesn't know were he's going. Pacha comes back and we go after him.