In love

The first four classes that morning were presented by Alexis.

She communicated about the training plan, showed some cases that they would study and started the first theoretical class.  It was almost noon  when she finished and dismissed the students.

During the first month she would be responsible for the morning classes from Monday to Wednesday and for the second month she would help with physical training.  She'd only been back with the NY FBI for two months and was taken by surprise when Katherine took an absence and Sam asked her to take her place, but in the end she accepted because she's always enjoyed taking part in the new detective training step.

She just didn't imagine being surprised like that.

As soon as the students left, she went straight to Sam's office.  Edward had talked about being back at the FBI and Sam was the only person who could explain what was going on.

Nina, who was walking down the hall towards the cafeteria, texted Edward:

- Still here? Want to have lunch with me? 🍝🍷😋
- Sure! Are you released yet?
- Yeah, I just left. This week we're only going to have morning classes. 🙄
- Wait for me in the parking lot. I just need to get a contract. 😘

Minutes later Edward found Nina and they had lunch at a restaurant near to home. They would have the afternoon off and Edward was curious to know about Nina's first impressions, but he avoided asking about the class and the professor. He wasn't sure if he wanted to know something about Alexis or if he could pretend nothing happened, so he waited for Nina to tell him about her day without asking any questions.

Off course she notice something was happening. Edward was always interested in her life and they always talked a lot, but along the way he hadn't asked anything and she was telling him little by little everything that happened.

"So next month we'll start physical training, which for me will be a piece of cake." She smiled. 

Nina had done a lot of sports during her childhood and adolescence and then continued with fight training, besides knowing how to shoot since she was 13 years old. 
Physical training would be a determining factor in defining who would pass the training and they said it was quite difficult, but for her it wouldn't be any problem.

"On second thought I think I can help with fight training."  He said smiling already knowing she wouldn't agree.

"No way! Did you see what happened today? My classmates saw you for 2 minutes and we've already lost the focus of the whole class."  She said rolling her eyes. 

"By the way, when you left they asked the professor a thousand things about you, but she didn't say much about it." 

Edward wasn't surprised by Alexis's reaction. She knew how to be professional even if she didn't like what was going on.

"She was really nice to me when she omitted my last name and asked what I'd like to be called. The whole class now only knows me as Nina, so I think I'll have a few more days of peace not knowing we're family." she sighed.

While waiting for desert, Nina decided to ask.

"Professor Alexis said she joined the FBI in '96, same time as you and Mom. Did you guys know each other?"

"We met in college, made the training together and were partners for a while."

"You two?" She asked surprise.

"Me, her and your mom. We made a great team."  Edward took a deep breath as he remembered those moments.

Being with Milla was the certainty they would always take care of each other, she was more aggressive and he always handled situations better. They complemented each other because they had different approaches despite being very similar, she was the bad cop and he was the good one.