The choice

Nina arrived early on Tuesday to avoid being noticed, but her tactic ended up having the opposite effect as the room was empty.

"Didn't you get ahead of yourself today?" she heard Alexis' voice that had just arrived.

" Twenty minutes." she said, a little shy. "It's just that yesterday I was a little late and today I preferred to arrive earlier." She smiled politely "Besides, my da..." Nina fumbled for her words and tried to make amends. "Agent Waldorf started working here today and had to come early, so we came together."

For Nina, it was extremely necessary and professional to be able to maintain different relationships with her father at work. As long as they were at the FBI he would be Agent Waldorf and she wouldn't mix relationships, although it was a new experience and a little difficult.

"I imagined." Alexis looked at her wanting to find some in common but didn't know what to say. Nina was curious to know her version of the story with her father but also didn't know how to get into that subject.

"Thank you for not mentioning my last name yesterday. I want to keep people from knowing I'm Edward's daughter for now." Nina said.

"Yeah, don't worry! It's a responsibility, right?" Alexis approached her. "I've already asked the other teachers not to talk about it in class. You'll be a normal student like everyone else and it won't disturb you." She said, looking into Nina's green eyes "You're just like your mother you know?" She smiled.

"Yeah!" Nina smiled broadly. She loved when they said that.

"Sam always says I'm just not exactly like her because I was raised by my dad." Alexis let out a smile. "He says if I were a little more Milla, my dad would be lost." She laught.

Alexis smiled at her and stay quiet. She knew that a lot of things would be about Edward  by now, but she didn't want to think about him. She was still angry that he hadn't said anything about her.

"Were you and my mother friends?" Nina asked suddenly and Alexis had no way of getting away from the question.

"Yes." She sighed. "Milla was like a sister to me" She said fondly as some students started to enter the room.

For a moment Alexis mentally thanked for the interruption and started towards her desk.

"What about my father?" Nina asked and was amused by Alexis' surprised expression. "Was he like a brother too?"

Alexis felt her cheeks flush and her body lock, unable to respond to Nina, who burst out laughing.

"Sorry, it was just a joke," She laughed. "I know you weren't like brothers." Milla said, as she sat down in her chair, leaving Alexis unresponsive.

A few minutes later the room was already full and Alexis was still caught up in her thoughts."I know you weren't like brothers." She thought "What did she mean by that?"

******************************************************************************

"No, Alexis, she found out for herself." Edward replied irritably. "Because she asked me if we had sex." He took a deep breath. "So I said yes and that you and Milla were friends. That's all."

He said as he got up from the table "We'll talk another time."

Edward walked away with his body tense. It hadn't even been 30 minutes since he and Alexis decided to start a cordial relationship and they were already fighting.

Half an hour before it all happened, Alexis finished her class and bumped into Edward in Sam's room.

They shook hands and chatted briefly as if they hadn't left any unfinished business. Anyone passing by would think they were just two coworkers meeting again.