Cheryl x fem reader

Jealously

Summary: reader has liked cheryl for ages and was really obvious about it and cheryl didn't like all the attention but now reader is over her and is flirting with veronica and cheryl really misses her and realizes she likes the reader
________________________________

Cheryl couldn't pinpoint when (Y/N) had stopped flirting with her. But as she watched her from across the cafeteria flirt with Veronica Lodge shamelessly, it became clear to Cheryl that whatever infatuation (Y/N) had had for her had come to a close.
Cheryl had always hated it when (Y/N) hit on her. It had always been painfully obvious that she was in love with Cheryl and she had been like a love-sick puppy for so that people just expected her to always be with Cheryl, showering her with attention.
Cheryl had always rolled her eyes and scoffed at (Y/N)'s compliments and interest in her, sometimes going to far as to tell her to leave her alone. But now that (Y/N) seemed to finally be over her, Cheryl didn't know what to do about it. (Y/N) had wormed her into Cheryl's life and now that she was gone Cheryl almost missed her.
Not that she would ever admit it.
But as she watched (Y/N) self-consciously touch her hair as she made Veronica laugh all Cheryl wanted was for (Y/N) look at her like that.
And with that fleeting thought, Cheryl realized how deeply she had fucked up. She liked (Y/N). And now it was too late.
And with that realization, Cheryl abruptly stood up and walked out of the cafeteria.
Once she was in the girl's locker room Cheryl was able to take a shaky breath and hunch over, trying her best to hold some semblance of herself together.
At least she was alone.
Well, until she heard the door open and she whipped around to yell at whoever was intruding on her until she saw that it was (Y/N).
Cheryl huffed and rolled her eyes, of course, this is what was going to happen. As if it couldn't get any worse.
"Are you okay?" (Y/N) asks softly as she makes her way over to Cheryl, "Veronica saw you storm out and I thought I should check to make sure everything is okay."
"Of course you did," Cheryl replies coldly.
(Y/N) sighs before sitting down next to Cheryl, "I know that you hate me, but I really do care about you."
"Then why are you all over Veronica these days?" Cheryl asks bitterly.
(Y/N) lowers her head, clearly embarrassed, "It's a bit stupid, really, Veronica seemed to think that if I flirted with her that you would get jealous."
Cheryl stares at (Y/N) for a moment before realizing what that means, "So you're still into me?" She asks, her voice softening ever so slightly.
"Yeah," (Y/N) replies, blushing as she looks anywhere but at Cheryl.
"God, I hate it when Veronica's right," Cheryl says, scrunching up her face slightly.
"Wait..."
"Yeah, I like you, you idiot." Cheryl admits, "I know I was stupid to not see it before, but I do."
"Does that mean I can finally do this?" (Y/N) asks before pressing her lips against Cheryl's.
"It does," Cheryl replies before kissing (Y/N) back.