Wanda x reader

Summary: When the power goes out, you go into a slight panic as the memories that the darkness brings. Luckily Wanda is there to comfort you
________________________________

Everything was going fine. You were spending time with Wanda while the team was out on a mission. It was just the two of you and it was nice. It hadn't been just the two of you in a long time which prevented you from telling her how you feel about her.

But you decided to put on your big-girl pants and tell her tonight.

Wanda was going through the collection of movies while you were making popcorn. "The Notebook or Cabin in the Woods?" she questions, holding up the DVDs towards you.

Glancing at the boxes in her as you lean against the counter, you pout your lips as you think about the options. "A pretentious love story or a funny horror movie..." you say, making her giggle as she looks at the cases in her hands.

Smiling as you grab the bowl of popcorn, you make your way towards her. "Wait, isn't Cabin in the Woods the one with the guy that looks like Thor?" you ask, sitting on the sofa beside her as you grab the case from her hands.

"Oh, yeah I forgot about that," she says, taking a piece of popcorn and placing it in her mouth. "I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight face if we watch that," she giggles, making you nod with agreement.

Placing the case on the table, you take the other from her hand and walk towards the TV. "Pretentious love story it is," you laugh, opening the DVD machine and place the disk in its place.

As soon as you sit back beside Wanda, the entire room is flooded in darkness. She groans next to you as you grip the sofa cushion under your hand tightly. "Great, there goes that idea," she says, throwing her hand up in frustration.

Your breathing becomes heavy as your eyes rapidly move around in the dark. Panic rises in your chest pulling Wanda's attention towards you. "Are you okay?" she questions, shifting closer towards you. "The power went out. It's not the end of the world."

Jumping when she touches you, your head snaps at her and nod. "Yeah, I...I'm fine," you stutter out, glancing around the room again as if you're looking for something. "It's okay. It's fine," you tell yourself, forcing yourself to breathe slowly.

"You're afraid of the dark," she states, placing her hands over yours making you look back at her.

Staring at her now that you're eyes have adjusted, you swallow before shaking her head at her. "I'm scared what the darkness masks," you whisper, jumping when you hear a sound from somewhere around you.

Wanda places a gentle hand on your face, turning your head away from gazing into the dark room to look back at her. "We all fear something, (Y/n)," she comforts, placing her hand back on yours.

"It's more than fear, Wanda." Your body shakes as you lower your head. "This trepidation I feel, this anxiety..." you trail off, sighing as a distant memory plays in your mind. "It shakes me down to my soul, makes my entire body tremble."

She searches your face for a hint as to why you're so frightened. Watching your body shake, she pulls off her jacket. "Here, take my jacket." She places it over your body as a means of comfort before taking your hands again. "Something happened to you? In your past?" she questions, making you nod your head microscopically. "What was it?"

Sighing, you know that she could just read your mind and find out for herself. But she wouldn't do that. It's too impersonal. She wants you to tell her. "The assassin institute I grew up in used to come into our rooms in the middle of the night to... do things to us. Terrible things I don't have the heart to tell you," you explain, making her heart drop at your words. "Even if it wasn't you, you could still hear the screams of the others. You didn't know when it was your turn. Every night was like Russian Roulette."

A tear rolls down your cheek and you quickly wipe it away, forcing the rest down. "If you disobeyed during the day, they have a sudden blackout and take you away from the others and... discipline you," you mutter out, staring at your hands as she lets out a soft gasp. "We grew up thinking that the men that came in the dark were monsters. They certainly acted like it," you laugh lightly, cringing at the memory in your mind.

"You're not there anymore," she softly says, lifting your head back up so she can look at you. "You don't have to fear the dark anymore. No one will come for you. I promise."

Staring at her as her thumb strokes the skin of your face, you feel your heart pound against your chest. "You're amazing," you whisper, feeling a surge of confidence to tell her what you've been meaning to tell her. "You're so great and smart and funny and..." You sigh, shaking your head as you pull her hand away from your face to hold it in yours. "I have these feeling for you and I've had them for a long time. I just didn't know how to tell you because I didn't want to freak you out and lose the best thing in my life and I don't know what I would do if you didn't want to speak to me again.."

"You talk too much," she laughs before leaning forward and crashing her lips on yours. Being shocked at first, your eyes shoot wide open before you melt into the kiss. Cupping her face, you lean into the kiss and deepen it. She kisses back with as much passion.

You two are so caught up in each other you don't realize the lights have come back on and the team standing in the doorway. "So this is what happens when we're away," Tony says, making you and Wanda quickly pull away and stare at the team with wide eyes. Covering your face as a blush crawls up your face, Wanda's shocked expression turns to glare at Tony. "Honestly, I was expecting a pillow fight..."

Throwing a pillow at him with her powers, she points to the door. "Get out," she orders, making you lift your head up at her before smirking at the team. They all leave swiftly, leaving you alone with her again. "By the way, you're amazing too."

Smiling at her, you lean forward to kiss her again. You should have told her a lot sooner...