Where did I go and Future Projects!

8/11/2021 Where Was I and Updates:

Hello everyone! Middl Mo here! And boy did it take me a long time to get back here. Geez. 9 months with only a couple PM messages to some readers. I feel a little ashamed of that. Especially because I had Chapter 4 about a third of the way done. After Max and Jasmine's conversation was where I stopped.

Now I have some very good excuses as to why I wasn't here *Smiles*

*BANG!*

*Ducks the gunshot*

Okay, only like half of them are reasonable... The other ones are just my own problems. I'll just split it into 4 bits. Oh! And if you would rather be interested in what my future projects are, just skip the list.

Problem #1: College- So, when I started this story I was going through the second worst semester I've ever had. The first one was, of course, right before COVID-19 lockdown was ordered in Virginia (BTW Hi fellow Virginians! I've never liked our state !). I am a kinesthetic or tactile learner. I like to actually have physical practice of what I'm learning. Staring at a book, a computer screen, or just listening to someone drone on really doesn't keep my awful attention span.

So, when the lockdown was in place and my school would only do online video classes that we had to be singled out in if we didn't participate, I just kinda gave up. Right now, I'm just trying to straighten my life out first with my family before tackling the rest of my Hospitality Management degree. I may take a class a semester down the road but not now.

Problem #2: Work- It was a miracle that I posted my first three chapters as quick as I did. I was just starting at my new job in the Target Electronics Dept. at the Target that was very close to me. I had just left my previous job at a Video Game/Vinyl Records store at the mall because I was getting only 8 hours a week and $10/hr. Yeah, Target's $15/hr was very appealing to me. Anyway, that job was surprisingly intense and overly demanding on me. I made those three chapters during my training. Once Halloween and the other holidays came around, the training wheels were off my bike. Then a manager picked up me and my bike and tossed us into the deep end of Target's pool!

Work just got harder and harder until my seasonal contract was up on Jan 2nd of this year. I was unemployed for a month and was having car problems, so I needed a new job. In the first week of February, I got a job as a Front Desk Agent at a boutique hotel. The hotel is beautiful, but it really has its problems. I was fine with the stressful parts of the job until July started. All hell started to break loose with guest complaints and demands. And management kept changing. There is no stability at this place right now. I kept having anxiety attacks, thinking that I would screw up or that someone would berate me every night.

Thankfully, a miracle happened. Because of our night auditor was becoming a manager the hotel needed to fill that role. I had heard that you get paid extra for that shift and that it's quiet. My previous managers even encouraged me to watch Netflix or something if I've finished with what I need to do. So, I took to writing more of chapter 4 and doing more research for GX. This chapter would have taken longer if I didn't snag this position.

Problem #3: Laziness- I procrastinate a lot! I have also gotten lazier and lazier throughout my life. I am trying to straighten myself out and be more productive now that I have a more agreeable work schedule. Another problem is that I used to type things out on my PC in my room, but now I don't associate my room with writing or even playing video games. I associate it with reading fanfiction, watching YouTube, or just sleeping the day away.