A Hero is...Born?

"Speaking"

Thoughts

Spirit Speaking

*Sound effects*

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! or Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. I only own my OCs and the story I write.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last things he ever heard were the sounds of a girl screaming and a truck blaring its horn. As soon as his mind registered those noises they suddenly ceased into silence. It's almost as if everything in the world just disappeared. When he tried to open his eyes to see what happened, he couldn't. It was as if he had no eyes to open and everything around him and himself were just a black void. Then after a few minutes, hours, days, or even years drifting, he didn't know, he heard a voice call to him.

"Max Jeffries"

Finally given the use of his eyes again, Max opens them with a start.

"Where...?" He quietly says as he tries to take in his new surroundings, which isn't saying much. He looks down and sees an ordinary plastic chair that he is currently sitting on. The room is only lit up by a mysterious light from above, that only illuminates what is currently around and in front of him. Across from him there's a more lavish, white chair with a matching table next to it. Then there's a-

"HEY!"

"Agh!" Max's attention is snapped away from whatever he was looking at next by a screech coming from the blue haired girl sitting in the chair... that he was just looking at...?

How on earth did I not see her there?! He wonders as his eyes almost want to bulge out of his skull for missing such an attention-grabbing character.

Sitting in the chair was an annoyed looking girl, about his age (16-17), with long sky blue hair, blue eyes, and a...magical girl costume...? She has white arm warmers, dark blue boots, and her dress is blue and sleeveless, with a green ribbon. Her skirt is a very short blue with...

Oh god there's nothing underneath it!! Max panics and slaps his hand over his eyes to block his view. She can't kill me if I didn't see anything...wait...I'm already dead... Can I be even more dead? Would I just skip going to heaven and just cease to exist? Would I just swim around some more in that black void from earlier? Maybe I'll be-

"MAX JEFFRIES STOP IGNORING ME!!!" The blue girl yells at him causing him to sit ramrod straight and look her dead in the eyes. "Seriously, I have better things to do then watch your sorry a-" She then cuts herself off and sits back in her chair and crosses her left leg over her right leg and clears her throat.

*Ahem* "Max Jeffries." She now continues in a more serene tone of voice rather than the shrill banshee from a few seconds ago.

"Yes...?"

"I regret to inform you that you have recently passed away."

"Well, that sort of happens when you get hit by an eighteen-wheeler hehehe..." He sheepishly rubs the back of his head.

"Quite..." She looks at him as if she doesn't really care, but he just ignores it cause he would rather get an explanation on what's happening. "Anyway, I am the goddess Aqua and I have brought you before me to help you move on to your next life."

"Wait! What about that girl I pushed out of the way? Is she okay?!"

"Oh her?" Aqua lazily leans over and looks at a piece of paper labeled "WHY THIS DORK DIED" for a few seconds. "Yeah... she's fine... Actually, if you didn't push her out of the way she would be here in your place." She then slowly leans back to her original position.