The ENTIRE First Day of School

"Speaking"

Thoughts

Spirit Speaking

Attack/Effect Name!

*Sound effects*

It was getting close to midnight and Academy Island was well under curfew for the night. That is except for three Slifers heading into the Academy building for a duel. Jaden was stoked for his first duel of the school year. Syrus was incredibly jittery and worried that they would get caught, but went along anyway, like a little lamb. And Max looked more resigned than anything with his arms behind his head and frequent yawning.

"You know Jaden, I don't think this is a really good idea. Maybe we should turn back?" Syrus looks back at Max who just shrugs and keeps walking.

"Good or bad. When someone challenges you to a duel, you gotta step up. There's no choice." Jaden replies with his font of wisdom.

Max rolls his eyes at this. Oh my God, I forgot how easy it was to get a Yu-Gi-Oh! character to do something even if they know they shouldn't do it. You just have to duel them...

Do you think if you turn down a duel, everyone's heads would explode? Cecilia inquires with almost genuine curiosity.

Probably. Or at least Jaden's would after what he just said.

Then again, you know we're gonna be getting into a few life or death duels while we're here, right?

I'm well aware.

The trio comes across a light at the end of the hallway. They entered the large room and Max takes a look around the Obelisk Blue's duel arena. The room is dome shaped with four jumbotron monitors circling the room on the ceiling. There is a raised platform in the center with lines indicating the dueling fields. And there are green bleachers around the room that could fit a few hundred students in the arena.

Not too bad granted this has to be a practice room. The arena for the major duels had actual seats instead of bleachers. Max shudders. Ugh, if I had to sit on bleachers to watch a duel, my interest would bomb immensely no matter how good the game gets.

Max is knocked out of his inner tirade as they come upon the other three occupants of the room standing on the stage. All three of the Obelisks sneer at them, but focus on Jaden.

"Well, well, well. He shows." Chazz smirks down at the wanna-be King of Games.

"No way was I gonna miss this." The wanna-be replies.

"I see you brought some Slackers to see you lose." Chazz looks at Syrus. "The pipsqueak from earlier and," When he looks to the other Slifer his eyes almost widen out of their sockets. "What the hell are you doing there, Max Pegasus?!" He shouts out in shock!

Pegasus?! Everyone else looks to the tallest Slifer in shock. Max looks around the room and at everyone else before pointing at himself mouthing 'me?'.

"Yes, you!" Chazz points at Max. "I was looking all over the Blue dorm to find you! What the hell are you doing with those Slackers?!"

"Wait," the blue haired Obelisk cuts in with his insult of a southern drawl. "You mean that Slifer created Duel Monsters?!"

*Wham!*

Chazz smacks him on the head. "No you dumbass! He's his kid. Do you really think they'd let some guy in his 30's be a student here?" He sighs at the end as he calms down.

"Wow, it's nice to actually be recognized instead of doubted, but how'd you figure that out?" Max questions him with a grin.

"I took a look at your exam scores a couple weeks ago." He casually admits with a shrug.