10 - brunch at Rose's

This morning Rose wakes up especially early. She needs to cook Jennie a delicious brunch. It is only 8am, but Rose gets ready.

She feels a tingly nervousness in her stomach. Jennie has not yet visited her apartment, so Rose wants to make a good first impression for it.

While gathering supplies, she goes through all the recipes in her mind. It took a while last night to figure out what to cook. Jennie's taste is a small mystery to Rose still, but she wants to please her.

After cooking for hours, everything is ready. Rose looks at her kitchen table with satisfaction. It's 11:37am. Jennie should be arriving fairly soon.

Rose rushes to her bathroom to apply some quick makeup, put her hair in order and then change clothes. She checks herself from the mirror for the last time and smiles slightly.

Jennie: I'm outside your house. Are you gonna come get me?

Rose: Wait a sec. I'm coming.

Rose grabs her key and takes the elevator down to the first floor. She walks quite fast to the door and opens it. Her eyes scan the yard looking for Jennie. Quickly the girls' eyes meet. Both smile.

"Hii! Come in." Rose greets the shorter girl

"Thanks for inviting me." Jennie smiles.

Jennie follows Rose into the elevator and they stand taking small glances at each other while traveling to the fourth floor. The atmosphere is not awkward, only pleasant.

Rose opens the door for Jennie to go in first. Jennie stands there still looking around the apartment.

"It's really pretty here." Jennie finally says.

"Ah thank you." Rose blushes a little. "I decorated it myself"

"Omg what is this smell? So good!!" Jennie is excited.

"It's the brunch. You must be hungry. Let's go eat." Rose gently pushes Jennie from the girl's shoulder to go forward. Jennie gets cold shivers from the touch.

They sit on opposite sides the food between them. Rose moves her hand as a gesture for Jennie to take food. They start eating.

Time passes as the girls enjoy their third date. The talk, laugh, smile and eat. A little tension can be seen from both of their eyes. They both feel more than just a friendship.

"Thank you for the amazing meal. I'm so full." Jennie chuckles.

"Me too. I need to lay down." Rose answers.

Rose puts the plates and dishes away into the sink. She will deal with the later.

"Wanna go to my "room"? I have games." Rose suggests.

"Sure." Jennie rises up from her chair.

They go to the bedroom and Rose takes out playing cards. The girls sit on her bed and Rose deals the cards. 

"What prize does the winner get?" Jennie asks playfully smirking.

"Uhmm... any ideas?" Rose asks.

"Winner gets one wish for the loser."

"Okey!"

They play for an hour and it ends to Jennie's win. Rose acts sad, so Jennie pats her head smiling. Soon they both start laughing.

"I need to do the dishes now.." Rose puts.

"I'll help you." Jennie smiles kindly.

Rose grabs a dishcloth and soap. Jennie waits to rinse and clean the dishes. They stand very close to each other due to the small space Rose's kitchen has. From time to time, their arms touch. It sends almost like electric impulses to Rose's body. Her heart beats faster. Does Jennie feel the same?

Jennie catches a glimpse of Rose's eyes watching her. Jennie's lips form a small smile. She can feel Rose's arm tensing next to her. She enjoys the moment as she has an effect on the red-haired girl.

Rose starts to blush, so she leaves the situation to get some fresh air on her balcony. Sitting down she tries to calm her heart. It does not really work.

"Are you alright?" Jennie's voice with worry reaches her ears.

Jennie stands behind Rose with a concern on her face.

"Yeah..."

Jennie takes a step closer and sits next to Rose. She wraps her arms around the taller girl. The seat is not big, so the girls sit very close to each other.

"It's a beautiful day." Jennie looks out the window of the balcony.

"It is." Rose answers. She does not know what else to say. The situation is unusual for her. Jennie has an effect on her, but how strong?

Then Rose's phone rings. Rose gets up, apologises to Jennie and goes to answer. Jisoo's name is blinking on the screen.

Jisoo: "Hey there girly!"

Rose: "Woahh why are you so excited?"

Jisoo: "I have THE BEST news."

Rose: "Tell me."

Jisoo: "I'm gonna visit you for the autumn break!!"

Rose: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Jisoo: "It's true."

Rose: "OMGGGG! I love youuu."

Jisoo: "See you soon ;)"

Rose goes back to Jennie and tell her.

"My best friend from Korea called me and told she'll visit me during the autumn break." Rose cannot hide her smile.

"That's really nice." Jennie smiles back. "When did you last see your best friend?"

"It's been almost a year. She was busy too."

"Ah I see. I hope to meet her."

"You will."