Chapter 11 Bloody Fight

[Huo Xiaoyu]

In the weedy jungle, Xie Xiang was lying motionless on the ground. Gunshots sounded in the forest just ahead, and Shen Junshan went to check it until now and he hasn't come back. In the dark, people's fear will be infinitely magnified, but at this time, Xie Xiang's heart is more firmly occupied with worry than fear.
  "Wait for me to come back."
  These are the last words Shen Junshan said to her when he left. For some reason, it always reminds Xie Xiang of the sunny noon. Xie Liangchen said to Xie Xiang when he walked out of the gate carrying the box, "Xiang Xiang, wait for me to come back."
  But Xie Liangchen will never come back. A fresh life stays in Shunyuan forever. His blood and his grand ideals are buried in Shunyuan like him, and can never reach Arsenal Military Academy. That year, Xie Xiang was sixteen and Xie Liangchen was nineteen. Today, Xie Xiang is eighteen years old, but Xie Liangchen stayed at nineteen forever.
  There was another gunshot in front of her. Xie Xiang wiped the sweat from her forehead, loaded her pistol, and dragged her injured ankle out step by step.
  The smell of rust was floating in the air, and a masked assassin's corpse was lying quietly on the ground. Red blood slowly flowed from his forehead, staining the ground below him with blood. Killed with one shot, thought to be Shen Junshan's handwriting,* but the shooting sound just now can never have only one killer, it seems that Shen Junshan is in danger.

[T/N: 手笔, shou bi, written or done with one's own hands; btw my Chrome is working okay now tehee~]

  She searched along the road, and soon heard the sound of fighting. At this time, another assassin was riding on Shen Junshan's body, his hands firmly strangling Shen Junshan's throat, Shen Junshan's arm was still bleeding, it should have been just now. The assassin's strength became stronger and stronger, and the veins on Shen Junshan's neck were violent.
  After a bullet accurately shot into the killer's heart, blood spurted out, and all spilled on Shen Junshan's face.
  Xie Xiang's gun hand trembled slightly, luckily catching up, Shen Junshan sat up, took a deep breath for a while, and wiped the blood from his face.
  He got up and walked towards Xie Xiang, but she threw herself into his arms. Xie Xiang hugged him tightly, her voice was already crying: "Fortunately, you are all right."
  "Xie Liangchen," Shen Junshan patted his back lightly and called out. The person in his arms did not respond, still shaking uncontrollably.
  "Xie Liangchen!" Shen Junshan raised his voice, "We must leave here. Just now I saw the flare fired by Ji Jin. They are not far ahead. We are going to meet them."
  Xie Xiang was awakened by him, and lowered her arms. This was her first murder, but it was not the murder that frightened her, but the appearance of Shen Junshan just now, which reminded her of Xie Liangchen for no reason.
  That day, Xie Liangchen must have fought such bloody battles, but he did not have the good luck of Shen Junshan. He was greeted by a cruel death...The road back was still bumpy, Xie Xiang sat in the car with her head down slightly in a daze. Next, the dark green helmet covered a pair of wet red eyes.
  After yesterday's thrilling battle in the field, the training that Xie Xiang hated the most in the past has also become easier, and even the cold icy face of Instructor Song is also very kind at night.
  Resting at noon, sitting in the dining hall biting the buns, Xie Xiang's eyes floated to Shen Junshan's body at the next table from time to time. She wanted to go forward and ask Shen Junshan whether the wound on his arm was serious yesterday, but she was afraid that the two of them would be embarrassed. Had to sit here and watch from afar.
  "Liangchen, what are you looking at?" Huang Song followed her gaze and looked into the distance, but only saw a dark crowd of overwhelming people.
  "Nothing." Xie Xiang lowered her head and drank a big mouthful of porridge, and quickly changed the subject, "By the way, have the results of this exercise come out?"
  "It's all posted, Shen Junshan was injured and was deducted points, only ranked second."
  "What? That's unfair! It's already nice that we could come back alive." Xie Xiang stirred the porridge in the bowl with a spoon, "Then I, the last one."
  "No, you are second to last, and Gu Yanzheng is the last one. He left the war zone without observing the command and was captured by the common people. The instructor was so angry that he directly gave him zero points."
  "Who is first, Ji Jin?"
  Huang Song smiled, showing white teeth, "I, I am first."
  Xie Xiang rolled both her eyes at him without mercy.*