XXX

She smiles softly at you. "Hi, honey."

"You're, how? How are you here?"

"This is where I am, love. I watch over you and your brother. And trying to enter Hell is a mistake. It won't let you go if it gets you."

"I need it, Mom. I'm getting weaker, and I can't afford to. Something is coming-"

She interrupts gently, "I know. And you and I both know what the problem is."

"You know?"

"I know."

"Then you know that he's in love with someone else. I won't get in the way of that; I can't."

"(Y/n), you were always destined for a great love."

"What are you talking about? Mom, Stiles is in love with Lydia."

"Do you know why I had you?"

"Mom?"

"You and Jordan have different fathers. Didn't you ever wonder why?"

"Of course, but I don't see how this is relevant."

"Trust me? Before you were born, Jordan's father was on active duty. He went missing and they couldn't find him. They told me that he was presumed dead."

"I didn't know."

"Neither does Jordan. But that's not the point. To find him, I did what I had to do to be able to follow our bond."

"What?"

"He wasn't my soulmate. But I loved him, more than anything. Enough to do whatever it took."

You take a step back. "Mom? What did it take?"

"I had to find my soulmate. And I did."

"What?"

"I found him, and I had sex with him. That was enough power for me to find your Dad, save him, and bring him home. But Hell wasn't happy with me. The sex wasn't enough of a sacrifice. So, when you were born, it tried to claim you."

"Mom. What are you talking about?"

"Hell wanted you. Hell has always wanted you. You're a born succubus; that's the rarest kind. But I wouldn't let it take you. When you were six, I had to take your place. It wouldn't let you live if I didn't. That's why I left."

"Mom... you have to come back with me. Tell Jordan."

She smiles, eyes filling with tears. "Oh, darling." She places her hand on your cheek. "I can't. I've watched over you both; I've done everything in my power to keep you safe. But I can't come back. This is where I am now."

"But Mom-"

"And you found your soulmate. I'm so proud of you. Your soulbond is the strongest I've ever seen. You are the result of a soulbond, (y/n), you are meant for a great love."

"What do I do?"

"Fight for him."

"Lydia's my friend."

"I know, darling. But you're going to get weaker and weaker until your bond stabilizes. Sometimes the selfish choice is the best one."

"And if it doesn't work?"

"Then you can turn to Hell, (y/n). But only then." She puts both her hands on your shoulders. "Now, you've been here long enough."

"Mom?"

"I love you; you and Jordan both. But don't come looking for me, honey. You don't belong here like I do." She pulls you into a hug. "You've gotten so big. So big and so beautiful."

"Mom, I miss you." Your voice cracks at the end of your sentence.

"I miss you too, darling. But it's time for you to go." She pushes you back suddenly, and you stumble back onto your back, landing hard on your elbow. When your eyes open again, you're back in your bedroom, blood dried on your hands.

There's vicious knocking at the door, so much so that you don't even have time to wash the blood off your palms before you open it.

"(Y/n)? Lydia said I should come check on you. Are you okay? You're bleeding."

"I was doing a spell, Stiles. Come on in."

Stiles follows you into the apartment, where you stop at the sink in the kitchen to wash the blood off your hands.

"Lydia said something's up with you. What's going on?"

"I'm fine."

"That's bullshit, (y/n). I can feel that you're not fine. What's going on? Why can't you tell me?"

"Because it won't help? We have bigger things to worry about."

"You passed out three times today. I saw. What's going on with you?"

"Hell is mad at me."

"What?"

"I'm getting weaker."

"Well, how do we fix it? How do we make it better? Is there a spell, a ritual?"

I fix him with a glare, and clearly state: "Our bond is getting weaker."