XXXIV

Lydia and the Sheriff are yelling at Jordan when you arrive on the scene.

"Jordan!" you shout, jogging to get closer. "Jordan Parrish!"

"Oh god," Jordan mutters. "You called my sister?"

"What the hell are you doing? You can't just leave me here by myself! Dad will kill you!"

"I can't stay here!"

"Like hell you can't! We've made it this long."

"You're one of my best deputies," Sheriff Stilinski says.

"Not the point. Not a reason he should stay," you wave your hand dismissively at the Sheriff. "What the hell did Mr. Argent and his crazy-ass father do to get you to react like this?"

"I'm dead, (y/n)!"

You freeze, staring at your brother in disbelief. "What?" you ask, voice icy cold and only quivering a little bit.

"I died. All that shit about you and dad having to bury me? Yeah. That's the reality. I'm not alive. I died, and this... this Hellhound is the only thing keeping me here."

"You are alive, Jordan," you yell, pulling his threads together and shaking them in his face. "All of these bonds tell me that you are alive. Dead people don't have bonds."

"Human people don't survive bombs."

"Fuck that! Fuck being human! Who cares? You're still my brother. You're still the only person in this small-ass town who gives a shit about me. Please, please don't leave. Not again."

"You don't get it," Jordan sighs. "The bodies I see in my dreams are because of me. And there's gonna be more. A lot more."

"I've been predicting death a lot longer than you," Lydia tells Jordan, voice strong and clear. "The things I've seen and felt? They don't always happen."

"What if those people die because you didn't stay?" The Sheriff poses.

"Because you weren't there to protect them?"

"Jordan, I've watched you get on plane after plane. Please don't make me watch you leave again," you beg, but there's a finality to it.

"You said you were drawn to Beacon Hills," Lydia continues. "I think you're here for a reason."

Your phone buzzes in your pocket, and you pull it out. It's Corey.

"Oh my god," you whisper. "I have to go."

"What?"

"It's Corey. We know who the Beast is. There's not enough time to explain."

"(Y/n), what do you mean you know?"

"It's Mason, Jordan. It's Mason and I have to save him. Because when it comes down to it, Scott will pick all of Beacon Hills over my friend."

---

"Okay, calm down, slow down," you tell Corey, who is sitting in the back of your car looking unbelievably stressed out.

"They took him, and I couldn't do anything. It's not my fault. They took him!"

"Who took him, Corey?" You ask, sinking feeling in your stomach telling you that you already know who.

"The Dread Doctors."

---

"Remind me again why your first instinct was to turn to Theo for help," you snark at Scott.

"You came to me."

"And Corey came to me. But you and I both know that I don't have the blind following that you do."

"I have to agree with (y/n)," Liam pipes up. "How stupid are we to be doing this?"