Chapter 1 : Heist

Caught in crossfire, Brooke dodged behind a wooden crate. She found Morris squatting at the same spot, trying to hide his giant built behind the limited shielding. He saw Brooke and yelled under the heavy gun blasts.

"You're not supposed to be here!"

"D'you mean I'm supposed to be in school?"

"No! I meant you're supposed to be on higher ground!"

It started to be a simple snatch and grab job, to hit a delivery team of four and steal the package. They weren't expecting another heavily armed third party with the same objective, turning the heist into a three-way engagement.

Bullets scraped off the sides, trimming the shielding smaller and smaller. It was only a matter of time before they could punch through the wooden crate. Morris just hoped that whatever was inside that crate could hold a little longer.

"Morris!" Brooke turned serious. "If we don't make it through this, I just want you to know..."

"Don't tell me you have feelings for me now!" he fired back, emptied his gun and reloading his last clip.

"No you idiot! I'm pregnant!" the teenager said.

"Pregnant? How??"

"Dima!"

"Dima?" Morris confused. "But he's in Moscow! What, did his mail his stuff oversea??"

"No! Dumbass! He came visit me at Easter! He said it was a surprise!"

"That's one hell of a SURPRISE!!"

A bullet punctured a hole between them, they knew it wouldn't be so lucky the next time, the wooden shield could not protect them any longer. Both Morris and Brooke were low on ammo, with rapid fire keeping them from both sides, leaving no room to escape. This could really be the end.

Suddenly, a chain of high pitch burst swept across the air, chewing down enemies like butter, cutting through everything that counted as a threat.

Kendall looking through the HUD on her flight helmet, turning her head to move the crosshair, wherever she looked, the 7.62mm rotary gun hits, so powerful she could feel the vibration beneath her seat. Behind her, the pilot steered the attack helicopter over the battle field, as the young gunner sweeping the enemy clean.

"Be careful! Morris and Brooke are down there!" Paige yelled from the back.

"Where?"

As Kendall turned, so did the rotary gun, sweeping low and shaved off the top of the wooden crate, forcing Morris and Brooke to dive away.

"I'm so sorry!! I'm so sorry!!" Kendall cried, turning her face away.

Sitting across from Paige, Madison shook her head as she calmly typing on her laptop, evaluating the new prototype.

"Need reset buffer to stabilize target guidance..." she adjusted her nerdy glasses and added. "Not suitable for people with panic issues..."

Unlike the hydraulically driven seven-barrel autocannon that was integrated onto the A-10 Thunderbolt, the prototype was a electrically driven three-barrel rotary machine gun, carries much lighter weight and could be mounted onto any vehicle of air, sea or land.

Morris and Brooke picked up weapons from the dead, firing at the enemies, while the helicopter covering them from above, tearing down anyone that was behind covers.

"Launch PN Rockets." Madison instructed.

Kendall squeezed a button on her control stick, from the cockpit she watched two smoke trails sent from the sides, hitting a stack of building materials and released a wave of white flame.

Unlike conventional Napalm, the experimental PN Rockets were designed to burn faster to eliminate large scale enemies, but also die faster, to allow friendly personnel to enter the area sooner.

"Working nicely!" Madison pleased with the result. "Although we need to think of a more technical name for it."

"What's wrong with Paige's Napalm!" the little sister narrowed her eyes.

With all threats removed, Madison ordered the pilot to land. Paige jumped out from the back, stood in front of her big sister giggling.

"So, what's that about you got pregnant?"

Paige's question came from both her smile and the earpiece. Brooke rolled her eyes, regretting that she forgot everyone was listening.

With fire and smoke died down, Morris and Madison flipped through the aftermath, found the package they came for. It was aluminum case, with numerical keypad and a fingerprint scanner. Madison placed a device over the security pad, its screen lighted up with codes.

"Are you sure you wanna open it here? Not like it's gonna self-destruct or release some deadly gas?" Morris turned around, making sure the girls were already leaving in a helicopter.

The decoder made a beep, Madison unlocked the case and opened. Morris' eyes widened.

"I think we're looking at your next task, Morris." Madison nodded smiling.