Chapter 6 : Meet the Parents

The Hylands finally arrived the Seversky Mansion, guarded by two security vehicles, steering pass the burned wreckages left by the early visitors.

"Jesus, Brooke. Does trouble just looking for you?" Kelly looked out at the aftermath.

"And you blamed me for nicking the car door back home!"

Yuri and Galina Seversky greeted them formally at the door, despite all the smoke and debris on the front yard. Their home was nowhere near JoJo's grand estate, but the display of wealth stood strong.

Yuri Seversky apologized for their trouble, explained that it was a competitor trying to takeover.

"Should we worry?" Kelly concerned.

"No. Not after your little friend showed up!" Yuri turned to JoJo.

"My pleasure, Mr. Seversky. Crossing my friends would mean crossing me, and no one crosses the Siwanovs!" JoJo cocked her head and smiled.

"I'm sure you are! Please extend my gratitude to your father." Mr. Seversky said.

"You can do that by allowing my friends to stay in your hotels for free."

"That's a promise!" the man laughed.

"And cover my friend's wedding expenses." the little Russian girl was already negotiating.

"JoJo!" Kelly exclaimed.

"No, Mrs. Hyland." Yuri raised his hand to stop her. "My son has influenced much by your beautiful daughter. He has become a more responsible man because of her. I'll be delighted to break this tradition!"

"Hear that, Mom?" Brooke elbowed her mother. "Good influence!"

"Shut up!" Kelly elbowed back.

Kelly's attitude was much lifted by the future in-laws, especially after learning how they think alike, both families were hoping that this marriage would bring maturity and responsibility, once their children become parents themselves. That, and she doesn't have to bear the wedding cost.

Soon a date was set, JoJo was overjoyed, calling everyone to announce the good news.