Chapter 4 : Joelle & Joanie

They reached what seemed like a warehouse district, with vast landscape of boring windowless buildings. They pulled to a gate and the security guard waved them in, arriving to a monstrous building that marked in blue cartoon fonts.

Joelle & Joanie, teen fashion

Under directions of staffs at various stations, they were showed to a loading bay, there a familiar face stood and waited.

"Looks like you girls had quite a welcoming party!" Slava smiled.

"Story of my life!" Brooke grunted.

Brooke stepped out of the car and hugged her, Paige helped her mother out from the back, the woman was white as a sheep.

"Where's JoJo?"

"She's still in school. She'll come as soon as class is over." Slava looked over Brooke's shoulder. "Who's the old lady?"

"I'm her MOM! We've met before!" said Kelly, disliking the reference.

"I know, Ma'am. I'm just kidding with you."

Both sisters shook their heads warning: This is a bad time to mess with Mom!

Slava led them through the loading bay, where racks after racks of clothes were loading onto trucks.

"What is this place?"

"One of the many warehouses of JoJo's brand." Slava explained.

"JoJo has a brand?"

"In five major countries and over 200 stores all over Europe." said Kelly. "If you paid attention the last time you were here!"

They reached the top floor, walked straight pass reception and deep into the maze of offices, finally arrived a glass meeting room down the end. Slava picked up a remote and pressed a button, all the glass walls turned into solid white.

"Cool! Is it sound proof too?" Paige gasped.

"Naturally."

Slava stood in front of a mirror and waved, green laser beam swept down her face, a bookcase not far away slid open.

"Wow!" Paige gasped again.

Behind the bookcase was an elevator, Slava invited them in, the door closed automatically and began descending.

"This is an office?" Kelly asked.

"More or less." Slava turned to Paige. "JoJo wanted you to see this."

The door opened again, this time to a room full of large plasma screens.

"A Control Center!" Paige's eyes widened.

"A.I. operated, voice activated, links to every station in Moscow." Slava introduced proudly.

"And this is all yours?"

"JoJo's. She said she saw the CIA Operation Center in Miami, and wanted to make them look like child's play."

"I thought you're working for her father now."

"Peace time. Extra money." Slava nodded.

The Hylands looked at the high tech facility, the large plasma screens displaying aerial maps, traffics and flight records.

"Can we reach Dima from here?" Brooke asked.

"Of course we can!"

Brooke tried her phone again, and immediately the screen showed a red dot flashing. Seconds later a green dot blinked across the city map, Brooke began hearing ring tones.