Chapter 14 : Old Ghost

Ivankov was walking towards his black Volkswagen, ready for another day in his crime organization. He was within fifty feet before his car exploded, the powerful shockwave knocked him off his feet.

As the smoke died down, he saw a figure showed up at his gate.

"Nicholai Ivankov." Morris smirked. "I should have known it was you!"

"Talon... what do you want?" Ivankov stuttered, looking at a haunting face from his past.

"Same thing I want last time. Your ASS!!"

"Wait! Whatever this is about..."

Before Ivankov could continue, Morris picked him up by the collar, lifting him off his feet.

"Do you know who you are messing with?" Morris snarled to his ear, but didn't wait for an answer. "I want you to listen to me very carefully. The Severskys are now family with the Siwanovs, and I don't need to explain what that means."

"Now." Morris shook the short dangling man in his fists. "You've already pissed off his daughter, JoJo Siwanova, and we all know how much the Old General loves his daughter."

To his surprise, Ivankov broke out a smile despite his painful choke, a cocking sound came behind Morris, followed by a series of cocking from the surrounding.

"Who is pissing off who now?" Ivankov forced out his words.

Morris released the little man and let him dropped. Ivankov straightened his suit, walking backward to an army of gunmen.

"Did you think we didn't know you were coming? I could smell your cigarette stink a mile away." he spoke with opened arms, backing until he stood next to a big bald man. "You have guts coming back here, Morris! I guess you assumed all your enemies are dead?"

Morris looked at the big bald man, another face from the cold war, someone he has long forgotten, and not wanting to see again. He maintained his amusement, lighted a cigarette and shook his head.

"JoJo is not gonna like this!"