Imperium's Expedition Part II

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future. THERE IS ONLY WAR.

For millennia, the Imperium of man has been finding civilizations throughout the whole universe, resulting in millions and millions of planets found with human civilizations, unifying every one of these planets to bring down together those who may stand against them, which has helped the Imperium grow to a size.

While the rotting Emperor sits on his mechanical throne, waiting for nothing but time to flow, his people continued to worship him as a religious figure throughout the galaxy.

Every Sisters of battle, every Guardsmen, every troops of the Imperium shouts the Emperor's name to guide them throughout the fight against the T'au, the xenos, the Aeldars, Tyranids, and others that stand in their way.

Many brothers may have fallen to the atrocious beings throughout the galaxy. What would become of the brothers who may have to take on just one of billions of galaxies.

Northern Roads of the Imperium Fort (Alnus Hill)

"How long will we keep moving till we see any civilizations?" One of the guardsman asked as he inspects his lasrifle for any significant problems.

"Emperor knows. Our ships may be fast but compared to this, it seems slow." The driver in front muttered, although the cruising speed of the scouting squad is just between 20-60 km/h.

"We are to immediately inform of the ongoing surroundings around the fort. Best we can do is to prove that the Emperor's will shall forgive those who do not believe in Him." The red robed enginseer, with covered in different tubes around his face said as he continues scribing on his book on the surroundings.

"That sounds strange coming from the one who worships the Machine God." The old looking guardsman, holding a cigar in his mouth, chuckled.

"Silence, guardsmen, take a look at what's ahead with your feeble eyes." Commissar Dreich commanded in the front seat beside the driver, giving a command to everyone to ready their weapons and unboard the Taurox.

The commanding squad of the Commissar unboarded the Taurox and searched around what is supposed to be going on since the only view that can be seen in the front could barely see what's going on in front from the vehicle.

"What in the warp is that?" The young guardsman, asked himself, having features that seem to be too young to even join the band of guards to begin with, as he looked through a huge forest fire ahead.

"Have you not learned this in your planet's school? Those are trees burnt down by 'fire', young'un." The same old guardsman cackled as he bumped his fist on the young guardsman's shoulder.

"No shit, jeezer." The kid rubbed his shoulder and giggled a bit.

"Guardsmen, move forward and search around the forest. My eyes are telling me that there might be a threat that may doom us if we are to encounter what burns these mere trees."

The officer commanded his unit, making the unit search around the forest fire for around twenty minutes.

The guardsmen stepped on the warm ground felt from their boots as they search through the ashes, and burnt down wooden structures that seem to resemble that of elvish architectures.

As they approached closer to the burnt down villages, they saw humanoids in ashen form, showing what seems to be of their pose that shows their last struggle before their death.

"Dear Emperor, who can even do such a thing to these poor young ones. They must have gotten themselves a Flamer big enough to burn this or they have this 'magic' technology that can burn this place down." The old guardsman said as he sucked up the last remaining cigar and spat it out of his mouth, then stomping it right after it fell to the ground.