Chapter 10: Siege Defense

Marauder's Camp

A few kilometers away from Italica

"My lord, something is definitely strange! None of our scouts have arrived up until now. Should we search for them?" One of the old veteran soldiers who assigned one of the patrollers patrolling along the camp said as he noted the absence of some of the scouts.

"Leave them. The enemy must have been caught by those bloody spider-webbed silkworms. We will begin our raid at night. If one were to say it, they have betrayed or fled from this opportunistic battle. They would be nothing called but traitors." With an athletic appearance, the bandit leader said as he loosened his grip after grabbing hold of the hair of a brunette woman. The old man seemed not to be too bothered with the constant moaning and cries of the pounded woman as the bandit leader pulled up his pants.

"I-I see... Wouldn't it be a better choice to be finding them first before we conduct our fight? I believe that there may be another reason for their disappearance..."

"You seem to be overthinking a lot, old man. Once we take over that castle, we can have all the women you would like. All the food we can eat, and all the men to slaughter. Isn't it a better choice than to take out an army of death that brings nothing but devilish catastrophe to our army? I would rather live than to see myself crushed by that giant mongrel." The bandit said as he pierced the dagger on a naked woman's body, screaming in pain from the piercing blade across her chest.

"Besides, the gods would not even help us anyway, even if we cry for their help. Wouldn't it be better to survive here than to die on a meaningless death with no honor?"

"You... speak of honor, my lord, as if taking over a castle with innocent people that have done nothing to us..."

"You think honor is all about following those pesky rules made by those backward of the Imperials? I'd rather follow my own."

"So you think killing these women and children is a good thing? What do you gain for such atrocities you've done? You think even the god of the Underworld would accept such a being like you!?" The old man retorted as he spoke in a harsh tone towards the muscular bandit leader.

"You dare speak against me?" The bandit leader flipped his dagger as he swiftly shoved the blade towards the throat of the old veteran.

"Ugh...." The blood gushing out of the old man's throat flows like a waterfall as he holds the wound with his neck, trying to cover the unusually high pressure of blood flowing out of it. With only a matter of thirty seconds, the man had kneeled to the ground and fell to his knees, drowning under the pool of his own blood.

"Let this be a lesson to those who defy me... You run; you get your backstabbed. You speak against me; you drown under the pool of your own blood." He said as he watched the man finally hold his last breath, and in a matter of a few seconds, it lay motionless. He pulled the two dead bodies to an isolated place where he threw the woman's corpse, defiled with the semen of his own and the old veteran's body.

----

Castle of Italica

"You think that your men should be the ones to handle the work by dividing your soldiers into three sides of the wall, then let my men not defend their own castle? They would be ashamed and lose their honor if we ever did that!"

"I am absolutely certain, native, that you have clearly understood the capability of my men that we have displayed before we enter in your rightful castle. Your men will not suffer or die from the severe and heinous injuries committed by those marauders while we mercilessly take them out all to the last man. It is a situation that benefits both of us," Commissar Dreich said as he pointed at the redhead woman, who seemed a bit too confused.