Chapter 29 - New Years and New Friends

By the time we return to the party, the previous game of Never Have I Ever has ended. Although, there's still a lot more people in the kitchen in comparison to the living room making it difficult to locate our friends.

"Luna!" Elliot calls us over, "Come and meet Abi."

George is behind me, navigating my body with his grip on my waist, getting us through the various groups of people. From here, I can take a peak at the girl Elliot is introducing me to. She has short black hair, a nose ring, and is laughing at something Lewis is saying. I'm not sure I'd ever seen her on campus or with the boys before, I think I would have remembered the piercing, but there's something about girls that make me instantly doubtful. Was she going to be like Kate? Interested in George, or one of the other boys, and not looking for a friendship with me? But... she clearly knew these boys. Probably longer than I have. That's got to be a good sign?

When we reach the group, their eyes are cheekily lit as they make room for us in their little circle.

"Fuck off," George announces before any of them get to comment, "I'm going to get Luna a drink. I'll be back."

The last bit of his sentence is said into my ear, his hands squeezing my side, before he's disappearing to the other side of the room. In his absence, Elliot slides his arm over my shoulder to bring me closer to Abi.

"Abi, Luna," he seems very pleased with himself, "Luna, Abi. Meet, chat, become best friends."

To my delight, Abi scoffs at the overexcited boy glued to my side. "Calm down, you child," her attention turns to me, "It's nice to finally meet the girl who has stolen George's attention."

My eyes grow wide at that. Well, I suppose we had been spending a lot of time together. It didn't seem like a lot to me because, well, I didn't have anyone else. However, I suppose if you're used to seeing or spending time with someone and that calms down... it is noticeable.

"Yeah," I attempt to laugh it off, "I can't get rid of him."

"We never thought we'd see the day George Mason got all wifed up," she happily replies, "How do you cope with his overbearing ways?"

Her tone is cheeky, similar to the boys' attitude when they see us together, and filled with fondness. It's not an attitude I am familiar with coming from a girl but I welcome it. It's better than the alternative.

"Don't tell him," I begin, "but he's not as overbearing as you'd think."

Arms wrap around my waist, again, and I don't have to look back to recognise the touch. Instantly, I'm handed a cup filled with some sort of spirit and mixer.

Tilting my head, "Thank you."

Instead of replying, George places a quick kiss on my forehead before leaning in slightly. "Not that overbearing, huh? That's a good compliment coming from you."

My hands find his, intertwining, as I smirk, "Don't let it go to your head. Any bigger and you won't fit through doors."

I get a smirk that mirrors mine in response. I also get a soft pinch on my side, one that makes me shift closer to his body, and a wink I've never had before.

"Oh," Abi interrupts, "This is too good."

Lewis scoffs, looking smug, "I know, right? Who would have fucking thought."

"I can't not look at it," she's staring at us, eyes wide and lips quirked, "It's like an animal programme."

"Hey," I answer, "Call him what you want but I'm not an animal."