Monday: Kenny likes Neo

A bright, beautiful sunny morning. Birds are chirping, the sky is a vibrant baby blue and every smidge of green is as opaque as a smoothed-out hardwood floor.

Polished black flats tapped on the pavement as they followed knee-length white socks and a plaid blue skirt along with a tucked-in white button-up topped off with a red ribbon around the collar, tied in a cute bow in the front. The one wearing this uniform of Sakura Highschool is named Neopolitan Soranji, or just Neo. 

She's on her way to school as she sees four pretty cool people at the gate. Aoi Miyanami, her best female friend of which she met on her first day, freshman year at Sakura Highschool. Shizu Maihama, one of her closest male friends of which she met through her childhood friend in sophomore year. Mitsuru Ishiwatari, another close male friend and met in the same way as Maihama. Finally, we have Kenneth Hinyan-Jao, better known as Kenny, or you may know him to be the Casanova of the school. Kenny is also Neo's childhood best friend and happens to have a teeny weeny crush on her, despite his flirtatious attitude with other girls.

Introductions aside, Neo fast-walks over to them to say good morning. ''Hey, guys! G'mornin!'' She says, enthusiastically to see most of her friend group. You heard me right, most. ''Hey, Sora-san! You woke up on time, I see!'' Aoi, a smart purple head said. Shizu and Mitsuru waved as they turned back to each other, talking about the sports club and its recent events. ''So, Miyanami-chan... Where's Kanonji-chan today?'' Neo asks, noticing the missing person. ''She came into school early, likely for the school council meeting.'' Kenny chimes in, looking up from his phone, noticing the familiarly short girl in front of him. ''I see... But hey Kenny! Almost didn't see ya there!'' Neo said, replying to him and his bouncily black fluffy hair. ''Heyyy Neo~ Didya miss me over the weekend?'' Kenny joke flirted, as Aoi rolled her eyes and laughed, replying to him instead of Neo, ''I'm sure she didn't have to since we literally had a group call Saturday night!''. A pink-haired, blue-eyed girl with heavy makeup came over to the group and said, ''Maihama-senpai! You were supposed to walk to class with me and it's already 08:58 am!'' This girl was Shizu's girlfriend, Yuna Shiomi. She wasn't the nicest in their class but also wasn't a total villain.
''Okay, Okay! I was just talking to my friend's, Shi-chan!'' Shizu started, shifting his attention back to the group for a second, ''Sorry guys, I'll see you in class!'' Shizu continued as Yuna dragged him away to class. ''Damn, already 08:58?! I suggest we go to class before we're late!'' Mitsuru, the group nerd, said as he fast-walked inside. ''Agreed! C'mon Sora-san!' Aoi said as she grabbed Neo's arm and dragged her inside as Kenny chuckled and followed behind them. 

~{At Lunch}~

-[Kenny's P.O.V.]- 

I sit down at the lunch table, along with Maihama and Ishiwatari as we eat and talk. 

''So, Jao-kun... When are you gonna confess to Soranji?'' Maihama started, with a familiar mischievous glint in his eyes. ''What? Not this subject again... Why do you even need to know?'' I snapped back at his question, both curious and confused as to why he asks me this every lunch. ''Well, Because it's obvious you like her. If you like it then you gotta put a ring on it!'' Maihama answered my question as Mitsuru just sat there and listened, reading his book at the same time. ''Yeah, I guess... And didn't I tell you to call me Kenny? We've known each other for well over two years now, Shizu.'' I changed the subject, calling Maihama by his first name. ''True but no changing the subject, Kenny! Are you ever going to confess to her?!'' Maihama did a 180 on the subject as I sat there embarrassed by how speechless I am about such a concept. It wasn't until Mitsuru spoke up that there was a silence between us three for the first time, ''Well put it this way. Someone might like her as well and go for her before you do, so if you don't clean up your Casanova act and go for her yourself then your gonna lose her before she ever knew your feelings for her.'', I hate when Mitsuru is right but he was indeed truthful so I sat straight up and answered Shizu's question. ''Yeah, You're right. I gotta tell her soon... Maybe this Friday? And hopefully, it won't be too cheesy if I did it under the cherry blossom tree behind the school...'' I said, trailing off in thought as I didn't even realise my cheeks went a dark pink. 

''What's the player of the school doing with that colour on his face? Pink is my colour, Hinyan-kun.'' Shiomi, Shizu's girlfriend, came over to our table to talk to Shizu. ''Awh, Cmon Yuna! You were blushing before I asked you out.'' Shizu said, teasing Yuna as the two went off in their own world of chatter. I turned to Mitsuru and asked, ''So would that be a good idea? Friday, Cherry blossom tree, afterschool...?'' and his pastel blue hair lifted up, showing his stoic face with his glasses as he replies, ''Despite the genericness of it, Yeah, It'd be good for someone of Soranji-san's calibre.''. He slightly smiles at me, likely reassuring me of my nervousness. Of course, all things come to an end as the last class bell rang off and everyone left, along with Neo, Aoi and Chihiro at their table and Shizu, Yuna, Mitsuru and I at our table as we left for our last class of this insanely boring Monday.