Wednesday: Blake likes Neo

~{Next day}~

At the front gate, Mitsuru and Chihiro were the first standing in their lonesome, as they started talking about a random subject; Their friends. 

''So Kanonji-chan...'' Mitsuru started. ''Just call me Chihiro. Can I call you Mitsuru-kun?'' Chihiro cut Mitsuru off to ask. ''Of course, and yeah. But Chihiro... Did you notice how Soranji wasn't online last night? I hope nothing is wrong.'' Mitsuru continued, worried for his observations. ''Oh! Yeah, she was just on a call with Aoi-sama and me! She seemed really excited for after school today so I'm guessing something good happened and she forgot to come online on the usual platform!'' Chihiro answered, reassuring Mitsuru's worries. ''Oh, I see.'' Mitsuru gave a slight smile to Chihiro as she continued to spill the tea on what Neo had told her and Aoi the previous night. ''But apparently, she's actually going on a date with a random girl she just met! Isn't it exciting?!'' Chihiro sang in excitement as Neo was not one for going on dates with random people. Mitsuru was quite shocked for a second, given his best friend's crush on her but immediately shakes it off and continued to have a normal conversation until their friends arrived.

~{At Lunch}~

-[Shizu's P.O.V.]-

Unfortunately, the large table wasn't available so the six of us just sat on our usual respective tables. While Kenny was eating and talking to me, I couldn't help but notice how Mitsuru looked way more in thought than usual, so I decided to ask him something. ''Hey, Mitsuru? You good there?'', he almost jumped at me suddenly acquiring a question for him but still straightened up and answered, ''Yeah, I'm good.''. ''Cmon Mitsuru! You're a terrible liar. What's on your mind?'' Kenny spoke up, noticing the situation as well. ''Ah, well... I was just thinking whether or not I should tell you...'' he started to go quieter which wasn't quite like him. ''Spit it out! You got us curious.'' I say, trying to get whatever he's hiding out of him. ''Well, I was talking to Chihiro this morning and she mentioned something that's happening after school.'' He started explaining. ''And well, She said that... Neo is going on a date with a random girl to the anime fair that's going on this week.'' He stopped explaining as Kenny spit out the water he was just drinking. ''What?! She's going on a date?! With who?! Who is this girl?!'' Kenny exploded with paranoid questions. ''I thought this would happen...'' Mitsuru sighs to himself as I try and calm Kenny down. 

A few minutes later, Mitsuru went to the bathroom, likely to read in peace. Along with that, Yuna came over as she usually does. I've no idea why but ever since we started dating, she's spent half of lunch with her own friends and the other half with me. ''Hey Shizu-senpai.'' She says and then sits between Kenny and me, facing me and she rests her arm on my shoulder. ''Hey, Shi-chan.'' She kisses my cheek as I just give her a smile in response. ''Why are you stressed? Did something happen?'' She asks, concern in her tone. ''Neo's got a date tonight and it's not with me...'' Kenny cries out and lets his head fall on the table in comedic despair. ''Seriously?! Short ass got herself a date?'' Yuna exclaims, almost surprised. ''Yeah,'' I answer her surprise, confirming the intel. ''Damn, I wouldn't be surprised if she paid someone to go out with her, Haha.'' She jokes as she laughs to herself. As usual, the rest of lunch went normal until the last class bell rang off, almost killing off my eardrums. 

~{After school}~

-[Aoi's P.O.V.]-

Finally out of that dusty school! Neo said someone was gonna meet her outside the school so me and Chihiro decided to stay back and spy on who it is. Kenny insisted on spying with us as well after he says goodbye to Mitsuru and Shizu.

''Ooh, This is so exciting!'' Chihiro blubbered, as I quickly whisper-shouts back, ''Sh! Neo might hear us!''. After a few minutes of waiting, a girl with black hair and bright orange eyes walked over to Neo. We figured this must be the one! But what's weird was how Kenny stood there shocked, but then Chihiro read my mind and asked him, ''Jao-kun! What's wrong? Do you know her?''. He blinks for a small moment as he finally answers our question. ''That's my sister!'' Kenny exclaimed as he looked like a mix of shock and sadness. ''Damn- Didn't expect that plot twist!'' I say, holding back a laugh. I wonder how things are going to go at the anime fair...

~{At the Anime Fair}~

Neo and Blake finally arrived at the handmade arch that replaced the entrance to the town centre. Blake gave the Ticket Master the two's tickets as they went in. 

''Wow... This looks awesome! Anime and Manga at every turn...'' Neo admired, not holding a single stare at one thing. ''I know, right?! This place is the otaku's dream alright, aha!'' Blake mentions, admiring everything with Neo. When Neo heard Blake's short and cute laugh, she noticed how it was stuck replaying in her head. ''Where to first?'' Neo's thoughts were cut off as Blake asks for her preference. ''Oh! Well, It's my first time at an anime fair but... What about the keyrings for the slice of life anime's? Those stalls look so eyecatching!'' Neo tries to respond, trying to be decisive. ''Alright then! Choose anything, I'll pay.'' Blake offers as Neo's modesty jumps in to stop the free anime haul. ''Oh, No It's okay! I brought my own money, you don't have to worry about it!'' but Blake insists to give Neo the best time ever. ''Neo! You said it's your first time here so let me make it awesome for you! Plus, I really don't mind!'' Blake continues to reassure Neo as she says something that made the blood rush to Neo's cheeks. ''The only thing I want you to pay back in return is that adorable smile!''. 

Flustered and stunned, Blake dragged Neo over and as soon as she noticed Neo looking, she offered to buy it for her. The first thing they both seemed to love that afternoon was a small matching keychain of Serinuma and Nishina from an anime called 'Kiss Him, Not Me'.
''Look! See? Now we're matching!'' Blake says, excited as Neo smiles and agrees.

About an hour in and it starts getting darker and colder. Blake's uniform doesn't have a thick shirt or jacket of any kind so she starts shivering a bit. ''Oh, your cold! Here, have my jacket!'' Neo stammered as Blake nodded and just took Neo's school blazer. ''Thank You... But wait, now your cold!'' Blake observed and then had an idea. As Neo was talking about how she wouldn't get cold, Blake draped half of the blazer over Neo's far shoulder. ''See? Now we can both be warm!'' Blake smiled and noticed the warmth forming on her cheeks more than her torso. ''Oh... Smart idea, heh. Thanks!'' Neo stuttered out as they both wrapped up their afternoon. 

Blake walked Neo home until they got to the doorstep. ''Hey, Blake... Thank you so much for this afternoon. It's been the best day of my life!'' Neo said, giving Blake a sweet smile. Blake gave Neo the rest of her blazer as Neo turned it down. ''No, keep it. I'll pick it up next time I find myself at your place. Your gonna need it to go back home without getting frostbite anyway!'' Neo joked as Blake internally thanked the gods for letting her stumble into the kindest girl she's ever met. ''Oh, Thank you! And I'm glad you had a good day.'' Blake stated, leaning closer to Neo as Neo starts to blush a bright pink. ''Oh, uh... Yeah! I hope you have a good night and get home safe!'' Neo muttered out, trying not to sound too dorky. ''Yeah. Gnight Neo-senpai.'' Blake says, as she gives Neo a kiss on the cheek without thinking and then starts to walk away, waving a goodbye back. ''-Goodnight...'' Neo tried to say back but Blake was already on her way home as Neo just observed how Blake walked off into the distance, getting smaller and smaller until she vanished. 

~{In Blake's room}~

-[Blake's P.O.V.]-

I slammed the door to my room as I had just had an argument with my dad on how late I got back. But then I decide to flop on my bed and look at the various otaku merch and photos that Neo and I bought and took together. I've fallen in love before so it's definitely no mystery as to if I like her or not... But I can't help it. Even if she's my brothers best friend, I'm honest to god in love with this girl! The way she speaks, moves and her kindness! She's beautiful inside and out, at least to me. Given how happy I am and how much I'm thinking about her, I'm definitely gonna have some good dreams tonight. I smile to myself as I put all my things away and hold onto her blazer as I drift off to sleep.