Thursday: Truth with Drama

~{Next day}~

Aoi and Chihiro were waiting for Neo outside of the front gate, as always. ''Oh, there she is!'' Chihiro said, spotting Neo walking towards them. ''Oh, Hi Sora-san!'' Aoi was the first to greet Neo, as she replied with a happy smile, ''Hey Aoi, Chihiro!''. ''So... How was that date last night?'' Aoi leaned in towards Neo as Neo started to blush a tad. ''It wasn't a date! Just... hanging out with a new friend.'' She stuttered out, thinking about her day at the anime fair with Blake. ''Hey wait.. Soranji-sama! Where's your blazer?'' Chihiro noticed Neo's missing blazer as she tried to explain yet still stumbled over her words. ''Uh.. Well... I kind of let my new friend, Blake, borrow it to get home warm...'', ''So it was a date!'' Aoi loudly exclaimed, making Chihiro and Neo jump. ''Well...'' Neo trailed off, unaware of what to say. Chihiro and Aoi kept questioning and getting that juicy intel from Neo until the bell for the first-class went. 

~{At Lunch}~

-[Kenny's P.O.V.]-

I decided to wait for my two male friends outside of the cafeteria. Why? Well... Because I'd like today to be the day I ask Neo to meet me under the cherry tree after school tomorrow and I know my friends will help, or at least wanna know.

''Dude, Why'd you wanna meet outside the cafeteria? Did something happen?'' Shizu asked as he walked up to me, followed by Mitsuru who is once again, invested in a book. ''No, It's just... I wanna ask Neo at lunch if she'll meet me under the cherry tree tomorrow so I could confess... But I need you two to be my wingmen if that's okay!'' I confess, bright blushed and messy-haired. Mitsuru looked up from his book and stared at me surprised. Shizu also stared with his mouth agape. ''What...? Bad idea?'' I asked, nervous. Their silence was both unnerving and disappointing given my confidence to do it. ''Are you kidding?! It's a great idea! Go ask her right now!!!'' Shizu suddenly cried out, excited. Mitsuru just smiled his good old toothy grin and nodded in agreement as I say, ''Right! Yeah! I'm gonna go do it!-''. I then run off to find Neo.

~{Same time, with Neo's group}~

I'm innocently sitting in my usual lunch table seat as me, Chihiro and Aoi wait for the guys. That is until I hear Kenny scream my name and I turn around to see him out of breath, slowly jogging over to our table. ''Kenny! You finally made it.'' Chihiro says as a string of questions was passed to Aoi who questions, ''And where are the other two?'', ''They'll be here in just a sec... But Neo? Could we talk in private please?'' Kenny says to me as I confusingly agree. ''Sure!-'' I agreed but as Kenny leads me to a private spot, I see Chihiro and Aoi giving me a thumbs up. God, this is so confusing to me! Kenny stopped in his tracks as he had found a quiet place to talk. I hadn't noticed he stopped until I bumped into him and say in a rush, ''Gah- Sorry!'' as he also blurts out, ''Oh- It's okay! Don't worry about it...''. He scratched his neck and looked down and I'm starting to wonder why he wanted to talk to me in private. He cleared his throat as he finally spoke. ''Um... Neo... Tomorrow after school, could you maybe... meet me under the cherry blossom tree just behind the school?''. His voice was almost silent. It's this characteristic that you could tell he was serious. But in this case, I know he's serious because of the fact he's actually acting really timid all of a sudden! ''Uh- Okay, Sure!'' I say, even more confused than before. What's worst is, it seemed that everybody knew what was going on except me.

We both went back to the lunch table to find the four friends of ours talking like normal, but when we came over then they started acting weird. As if they were talking about us... Other than that, Kenny and I didn't talk to each other until the next day. So in the end, we all were mostly normal.

~{After school, At Kenny's house}~

-[Third Person P.O.V.]-

Mitsuru and Shizu decided to come over to Kenny's place to talk about his big moment, tomorrow after school. ''Okay so. She's gonna see you all day like a normal Friday. So until your confession, You have to act normal!'' Shizu advised as Mitsuru added, ''And it would be recommendable to wear your uniform properly.''. ''But what if she doesn't feel the same? I'd be wasting both mine and her time!'' Kenny whined, flopping his body on the floor, facing backwards. To reassure him, Mitsuru sighed and started one of his motivational lectures. ''Kenny. You're the guy who can pretend to date as many girls as he wants at a time and nobody cares. You're the guy who has failed multiple tests and is still in school. Heck! You read more magazines than I read books. You've probably seen every rom-com on earth and you're worried that she won't like you back? Kenny, You've been childhood best friends with her ever since the two of you started your education! Trust me. If there's anyone she'll like back after a confession, It's you.'' Mitsuru finished as Shizu went from wide-eyed to agreeing and saying things like, ''Mitsuru's right!'' and ''You got this, dude!''. Kenny was speechless as he thought about Mitsuru's words. ''Yknow what... I think you are right, Mitsuru...'', Kenny finally spoke as Mitsuru just smiled and kept brushing off his speech as nothing more than advice as Shizu kept repeating Mitsuru's words to Kenny for extra encouragement. ''Thanks, guys! I couldn't ask for better wingmen!'' Kenny says before the screen fades to black, cutting to what seemed like the next scene in an anime.

~{Same time, Neo's house}~

-[Neo's P.O.V.]-

I flump on my bed and check my phone for any social media updates. Ever since an incident where my phone rang in class, I never brought my phone inside the school grounds so the excitement of what may have been happening online is left for after school, where I either miss it or get to see it all instead of wait until a later time. 

Surprisingly, I did get a text! From none other than Blake. It was sent an hour ago but I'll reply now anyway;

Blake: Hey, Can I ask you something?

Neo: Sure, Anything! And sorry for the late reply!

Blake: It's fine! And yeah... Would you be able to meet me under the Cherry Blossom tree behind your school, after school tomorrow?

Neo: Sure, but it's kinda funny cause Kenny asked pretty much the same thing! I'm sure I can make time for both of you tho!

Blake: Kenny asked too...? Well, Yeah! I'll see you there, tomorrow. For now tho, Gnight! :)

Neo: Night!

I smile at my phone screen, slightly confused yet again. Other than the slight unusalness of my friends from today, along with the Hinyan-Jao siblings asking me to meet at the same place, same time, I decided to just take a nap until dinner. Mostly to wind down after today but also 'cause I could use the extra sleep.