Two

"Welcome home!" Gabi shouts in excitement. You, Levi, and the kids stepping foot onto the boat docks.

"Mommy? Who are they?" Levine asks, looking at Gabi and Falco.

"Ah~! We're just helpers!" Falco smiles. "We helped your parents get back on their feet after war. I'm Falco, and this is Gabi." He points to the brown headed girl.

"Awwww!" Gabi cooed, running up to you and Levi. Mono was holding the handles on the back of Levi's wheelchair as the twins sat on his lap, Levi hugging them in the process. "These are your kids? They're so cute!"

The twins blush as they hide their faces in their fathers chest, you do a cheeky smile from their shyness. "What do you say, little ones?" You ask them.

"Thank you." Their voices muffled, snuggling into their father even more.

"So..." Falco starts. "Should we tell them their surprise?"

"Surprise?" Adonis quietly says, looking at you as you nod your head. Mono holds your hand as Falco grabs the handles of Levi's wheelchair, following Gabi to your next destination.

——————

Levine screams for joy, hopping off of Levi's lap as she runs up in front of the home. Leafy vines crawled up the stone base of the house as colorful and vibrant flowers decorate the outside, making it look like it came straight out of a fairytale. Trees surrounding the home like a fence, giving it privacy. It was a one story home, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Not too big, but not too small.

"Adonis, look! It has a garden!" She takes her brothers hand, running down the steep hill as they go to the side of the home, exploring the new discovered area. "Wait for me!" Mono happily shouts, catching up to the little kids.

I smile at their cuteness, feeling someone's eyes on me as I look at Levi. His face was neutral, but you could tell his left eye showed love and happiness. Like a light shining through a cloudy grey storm. His right eye, losing all the color and sight. It was almost like a light foggy grey, you couldn't even see the pupil anymore. Almost resembling a blank canvas that lost all meaning.

He does a small smile, eyes softening as he looks dearly at his lovely wife. Opening his arms as you gladly melt into his embrace. You sit sideways on his lap, arms around his neck as you kiss his scarred cheek. He loved you so much, maybe a little too much you might say. More than he loved himself. He doesn't plan on not loving you anytime soon.

"You think we could be like them some day?" Gabi whispered to Falco as the boys face turned a deep red. Not expecting the unexpected to slip out of the girls lips as she laughs, walking up to the married couple.

Gabi grips onto the handles and says, "Let's go inside!" before pushing you and Levi with all of her force, running down the hill as you and Levi go into pure panic mode. The girl was having fun pushing you and Levi down the hill, but the raven wasn't having it.

Levi snakes an arm around your waist for your protection. Your arms around his neck hugged tighter. Levi's other hand gripping onto the chairs armrest.

"Gabi!" Falco shouts at the top of the hill behind you. Gabi laughs, picking up her speed as you close your eyes, pushing your head in the crook of Levi's neck.

Levi's hat goes flying off as he clenched his teeth, clutching the armrest even harder as he brings your body closer to him. Only seeing red flags as the front door came closer and closer to view.

"Slow down, you shitty brat!" He barks, closing his eyes as he was ready to come in contact with the solid home. You hug him tighter as he does the same, both of your bodies going stiff to somewhat soften the impact.

Gabi abruptly stops her feet, making the wheelchair stop its fast movement as her shoes slide on the damp grass. You and Levi only a few inches from the front door as you sigh a breathy relief.

"Jesus, Gabi!" Falco airily blurts, catching his breath as he stood beside you guys, holding Levi's black fedora in his hand.

You didn't realize but you were shaking a little as Levi looked at you worriedly, wrapping both of his hands around your waist as he glares at Gabi. The girl nervously laughed as Falco placed the hat on your head.

"Are you a fucking idiot? What the hell was that?" Levi spat, rubbing circles on your back as it calms you down a bit. "Hey. I asked you a question. It's only polite to answer." He looks at Gabi as she looks everywhere else but him.

"Levi, It's okay!" You peck his lips to shut him up. His ears go red as you roll your eyes at his grumpy behavior.

"So sorry!" Gabi flustered an apology, waving her hands around. "I got carried away!" She walks around, opening the door as Falco pushes us in.

You and Levi got this house a year ago, furniture already inside. Onyankopon recommended it to you and Levi. You guys bought it mainly for the kids and Mono. It had a gazebo at the back with a hammock inside. There was a treehouse that also had a swing set, more exotic flowers decorating the field as you hear the little ones playing in the back.

Since you've been to war, and since you and Levi gotten pretty beaten up in the process, you've been going back and forth from your home and the hospital. So the house inside was collecting a healthy amount of dust and dirt.

Your hand was on Levi's chest as he says, "It's filthy in here. I can't live in these conditions."

"Would you like us to help you clean, Mr. Levi?" Gabi questioned. "Yes. That would be nice." He answered, pushing the wheels on his wheelchair as he moved you and himself to the kitchen.

You got off his lap, opening the cupboard as you reached for the cleaning supplies. You were struggling, and your injured hand wasn't making it any better.

You feel hands wrap around your waist, slightly lifting you up as you turn around to see Levi out of his wheelchair. He leaned on the counter as he put all of his weight on his right leg, the one that wasn't injured.

You hurriedly grabbed some cleaning things as he placed you back on the ground. You frowned, placing the supplies on top of the counter as you looked at him. You softly led him to sit back down as you said, "I don't want you to do that ever again, Levi."

"I was helping you." He holds your hand as he rubs circles with his thumb. He didn't like watching you struggle with doing everyday things. He wanted to be there for you if you needed him to. You knew that, but you also knew that you didn't want him to hurt himself as well.

"I know... and I love you for that, but I don't want you to injure yourself." You tell him. He looks at you and nods, you bend your head down as he gives you a reassuring kiss on the cheek.

——————

Levi was in the living room, cleaning the bottom right corner of the grand window. As he finished making the smooth glass shine, he saw you on the other side of the glass. You were having a hard time getting dirt off the window. You didn't notice him until he lightly tapped on the glass, making direction eye contact with you as you smile. He puts his right hand on the window as you put your left hand up against the glass, matching were his slightly callused hand was.

"This is so corny." Your muffled voice was heard, he does a crooked smile. Feeling his ears get hot as he rolls his eyes.

You both lean your heads in, kissing through the clean glass. Levi smiles, face lightly dusted a shade of pink.

"Love you!" He barely heard you say. He couldn't say anything before you ran off, most likely cleaning another window.

He couldn't believe after all this time, you could still cause butterflies to flutter in his stomach. He smiles, not being able to control the loving grin on his face from appearing.

"...I love you too." He whispers, knowing you couldn't hear him.

•••