Seven

"Rice!" AJ exclaims, pointing to the top wooden shelf. "Dad said he liked it."

"Ah~! You're right! Mr. Ackerman did say that. But that's the last thing, okay? We already got enough, yes?" Gabi looks at you for approval.

"Yes. Let's checkout." A ghostly smile appears from your lips. The three kids followed you to the cash register, the worker behind the bar giving you guys a warm smile.

"Ackerman family! How are you?" The older woman smiles as you and Gabi hand her the baskets full of fresh food.

"Hi, Mrs. P! It's mommy and daddy's anniversary soon!" Vee smiles as her and her brother stand on their tippy toes, only their eyes looking over the counter. "Mommy's cooking dinner!"

"Aw! How sweet! Will I be getting a to-go box?" The elder woman winks at you as you playfully roll your eyes.

She began to count and weigh your groceries as she makes small talk with you and Gabi.

"Mommy?" AJ says behind you. "We want to see the toys in the back... please?"

"Yes, but don't wonder too far, understand?"

"Understand!" Vee smiles, taking AJ's hand as they skip along. The store wasn't huge, you could simply turn your head and see your children on the other side of the shop. Their little giggles echoed through the store.

"So, you planning on getting a family photo soon?" Mrs. P questioned. "You've been wanting one for awhile now!"

"Tomorrow, actually. I'm excited." You explained as Gabi smiles at the older woman. The tiny bell above the shops door going off once in a while, signaling that customers where walking in and out the small shop. You look back every now and then, making sure Adonis and Levine was still their, which they were. Still playing and doing kid things.

——————

"What about you, Ms. Braun? I see you and that cute Falco guy finally found love?" Mrs. P giggled as Gabi's face suddenly flushed a deep red.

"Hey, Mrs. Ackerman! How are you?" The bell rings as a man comes in with a friendly smile, waving his hand to greet you.

"I'm great, you?" You ask, stepping away from Gabi and Mrs. P's conversation.

"Going to make dinner for the family later." He smiles. "How's Levi and the kids?"

"Levi's doing good. It's our anniversary soon! And the kids are actually right over..."

You look over, seeing that your kids were no longer at the toy section at the back of the store. You become disappointed. You knew you told them not to wonder off.

You excuse yourself, walking around the small store. Calling your children's names every so often. Looking through each wooden isle ways, checking by the little fruit stands and displays.

You checked in the bathrooms, asked other customers, and even checked for little traces from the two.

Not until you see it... a familiar small stuffed bunny rabbit by the front door of the store.

You strongly walk over, snatching the toy off the floor. You were pissed and very much worried now.

You hold the rabbit tightly, looking through the circular glass window from the front door of the store. Seeing two familiar children looking across the street in awe. You shook your head, opening the door so that you were directly behind them.

They didn't notice your angry aura behind their tiny frames as they stare off into the distance. You impatiently tapped your foot on the concrete path of the sidewalk. "I thought I told you two to not wonder too far? I wanted you to stay in the store."