Eight

The raven was hurting.

He wanted this to be some weird, sick, and twisted joke.

As he sits their with the child's drawing. It was mainly scribbles of red.

Red.

He hated that color so much.

He hated to even think of it.

Through the years and years of war, he was tired of seeing that hatred crimson color.

It made him sick to his stomach.

The picture made him even more sicker as he scanned it more. The familiar faces drenched in the ugly color.

He could make out two kids, golden halos floating above their heads with pride.

The little boy, messy black hair... the same color as the ravens. His eyes were shocked open, his white lashes stings Levi's heart as he knew that little boy so well. The boys head was sitting inhumanly on his shoulder. Like it had been broken of the sort. His clothes soaked in the red liquid as his tiny black barrette was right next to his head, sitting on the unforgiving concrete.

The little girl, white hair dyed in the bloody red. There were tears streaming down her cheeks. She seemed to be fast asleep, curled up into a ball as she hugs her knees. Scrapes decorated her legs and arms in a horrifying manner as a pool of blood sat under her fragile frame. Her dainty little black dress was ripped to shreds. One of her tiny black buckled Mary Jane shoes were missing.

There was a woman in between them, looking so delicate and soft. So peaceful as she hugging the two kids. Her eyes, or he should say... eye, was lazily opened. A foggy grey color as the right side of her face was completely red. Seemed like it went missing. Her black pants suit having tears cluttered all over it. She hugged both children as her right hand clutched a stuffed bunny rabbit that had spots of the same nasty red color. The woman's lips were slightly parted as she looked at rest. The same golden halo over her head, it seemed like it was mocking Levi.

Levi could have crumbled up the paper, throw it away, maybe even burned it... but no, he continued to stare. Pointing out more details as he shivered. Unknown tears streaming down his cheeks as it makes a damp pool on his lap. His face was neutral, stoic, you could even say dead. But so much emotion as flowing out of his rainy thunderstorm grey eyes, he didn't even know it was happening. Completely oblivious of the warm and salty liquid seeping through his lips, down his face, on his arms, and finally on his numbed legs.

For some odd reason, he felt hysterical. He was nervous, scared, sad, and all of the above... to the point where he had to laugh hysterically.

Which he did...

And oh did he laugh and laugh...

He couldn't understand why though.

Why the hell was this man laughing?

He was so shocked by his actions... so he laughed even harder.

His face showed pain, his abs hurting from the amount of uncontrollable noise spewing from his lips.

He couldn't stop.

Finally feeling all the heated tears down his face. He felt like he was going mad. He wanted to pull his hair out of his damn head.

He was going crazy.

He hated every second of this living hell that he couldn't manage to escape. Living in it his whole entire life.

He wanted to see you. No... he needed to see you.