Wendigo [4]

"If it keeps its victims alive, why would it kill Roy?" Ben asked Sam.

"Honestly?" Sam sighed "I think because Roy shot at it, pissed it off,"

"Sam?" A voice asked.

Sam raised his gun at the redhead in front of him, but he hesitated from pulling the trigger as he recognized her from his recent dream. "Who are you?!"

"My name is Rae," Rae's image began to flicker and she grunted as if in pain.

"You're..."

"Yes, I am. And it's taking a lot of concentration for me to stay in place at the moment. So perhaps we can do 20 questions later?"

"How can I know I can trust you?"

Rae rolled her eyes "You sound just like Dean when he first met me, I blame your father for that," she scoffed.

"You know my dad? Where is he?!" Sam interrogated as he raised his gun once again.

"One problem at a time, Samuel. Who's more important...your dad or Dean?"

***

Rae leads the men into the mine.

Sam shined the flashlight ahead of them, before noticing that Rae had stopped.

"This is as far as I can go," Rae admitted, as Sam noted that her figure was flickering a bit more. "Your brothers and sister are in there,"

Sam looked forward and turned back towards Rae "How do I know this isn't..." he stopped as he realized Rae's spirit had disappeared.

Looking forward again, Sam heard growling and immediately turned off the flashlight and pulled Ben against the wall.

The Wendigo came towards them.

Sam covered Ben's mouth before he could scream.

The Wendigo took a different tunnel at the crossing.

Sam and Ben kept moving until they fell through the floor, landing in a pile of bones.

Ben spotted another pile of skulls and leaped backward.

"Hey, it's okay," Sam assured "it's okay, it's okay,"

The duo looked up and saw Dean and Haley hanging by their wrists from the ceiling.

Sam ran to Dean, Ben ran to Haley. "Dean!"

"Haley, wake up!" Ben exclaimed frantically.

Sam grabbed Dean and shook him "Dean!"

Dean opened his eyes.

"Hey, you okay?"

Dean winced "Yeah,"

"Haley, Haley, wake up, wake up!" Ben cried.

Sam cut Dean down and Ben took care of Haley.

They helped them over to an empty patch of floor and got them to sit down.

"You sure you're all right?" Sam asked as Dean continued making pained noises.

"Yeah." Dean grimaced "Yep. Where is he?"

"He's gone for now,"

Haley divested herself of rope. She stood up and spotted Tom still hanging and started crying "Tommy..." Haley touched Tom's cheek, causing Tom's head to jerk up. She jumped back and shrieked "Cut him down!"

Sam cut Tom down.

"We're gonna get you home," Haley told Tom.

Dean picked up flare guns from the pile of stolen supplies in the corner "Check it out,"