Chapter 7

The first thing she noticed was the smell: leather, wood, polish with a faint citrus scent. It's very pleasant, and the lighting is soft, subtle. The walls and ceiling are a deep, dark burgundy making the spacious room look enclosed. There is a large wooden cross like an X fastened to the wall facing the door with restraining cuffs on each corner.

Above it is an expansive iron grid suspended from the ceiling, eight foot square at least, and from it hang all manner of ropes, chains, and glinting shackles. By the door are two ornately carved poles hanging like curtain poles across the wall. Hung on them are an assortment of paddles, whips, riding crops, and funny looking feathery implements.
To the right of the door is a mahogany chest of drawers, drawers slimmer than normal as if to hold specimens in an old museum.

It takes her attention for a moment and she wondered what is actually contained in them. On the opposite wall is a rack that holds canes of varying lengths and widths.

There are other pieces of furniture and things Kara didn't quite understand scattered throughout the room, but what dominates the room is the bed. It is bigger than a King sized, an ornately carved rococo four-poster with a flat top.

Kara turned around and Lena stared at her intently, as the blond knew she would be, her expression completely unreadable. Kara turned back around and walked further into the room. The feathery thing had me intrigued and so she walked over to it and touched it hesitantly. It's suede and there were small plastic beads on the end.

"It's called a flogger." Lena's voice is quiet and soft.
Kara can observe and absorb but not articulate her feelings about all this.

Kara walked toward the bed and ran her hands down one of the intricately carved posts.

"Say something, please." Lena whispered behind her.

"Do you do this to people or do they do it to you?" Kara whispered. Her mouth quirked up, either amused or relieved. She blinked a couple of times.

"I do this to men and women who want me to."

"If you have willing volunteers, then why am I here?"

"Because I want to do this with you, very much."

"Oh." Kara gasped.

She wandered to the far corner of the room and patted a waist high padded bench and ran her fingers over the leather. She likes to hurt people. The thought depressed Kara."You're a sadist?"

"I'm a dominant." Lena's eyes were a scorching green, intense.

"What does that mean?" Kara whispered.

"It means I want you to willingly surrender yourself to me, in all things." She said and frowned at Kara trying to assimilate the idea.

"Why would I do that?"

"In very simple terms, I want you to want to please me." She said softly, her voice hypnotic.

"How do I do that?" Her mouth was dry and she wished she had more wine.

"I have rules, and I want you to comply with them. They are for your benefit and for my pleasure. If you follow these rules to my satisfaction, I shall reward you. If you don't, I shall punish you, and you will learn." She whispered

"And where does all of this fit in?" Kara waved her hand across the room.

"It's all part of the incentive package. Both reward and punishment."

"So you'll get your kicks by exerting your will over me."

"It's about gaining your trust and your respect, so you'll let me exert my will over you. I will gain a great deal of pleasure, joy even, in your submission. The more you submit, the greater my joy - it's a simple equation."