Chapter 8

Light filled the room, coaxing Kara from deep sleep to wakefulness. She stretched out and opened her eyes. It's a beautiful morning, Seattle at her feet. Wow, what a view. Beside Kara, Lena Luthor is fast asleep. Wow, what a view. She was surprised she was still in bed. Lena facing the blond, and she had an unprecedented opportunity to study her. Lena's lovely face looks younger, relaxed in sleep. She was sculpted, putty lips are parted slightly, and her shiny, clean hair is a glorious mess.

Kara could gaze at Lena all day, but she had needs - bathroom needs. Slipping out of bed, she found Lena's white shirt on the floor and shrugged it on. It smelled like her.

She walked through a door thinking it might be a bathroom, but she was in a vast walk-in closet as big as her bedroom. Lines and lines of expensive suits, shirts, shoes, dresses, and skirts. Kara wondered why anyone would need that much clothes while she returned to the bedroom, Lena was still asleep.

Kara tried the other door. It's the bathroom, and it's again bigger than her. Why does one woman need so much space? Two sinks, Kara noticed with irony. Given she doesn't sleep with anyone, one of them can't have been used.

The blond stared at herself in the gigantic mirror above the sinks. 'Do I look different? I feel different. I feel a little sore, if I'm honest, and my muscles - jeez', Kara told herself. Kara thought about how she slept with Lena, gave her her virginity, a women who doesn't like her. A woman who had odd ideas about her, someone who wanted to make her a kinky sex slave.

Kara's mind screamed at her, repulsed by her actions.

After she cleaned herself up a bit, Kara realized how starving she was. She headed back out to the bedroom. Sleeping beauty is still sleeping, so she leave Lena and headed for the kitchen.

Kara was simply daunted by Lena's kitchen. It was so big, with lots of appliances. It took her a few seconds to figure out what she needed, and what not to touch. Kara thought if she should cook Lena breakfast. She was eating an omelette the other day....um, yesterday at the hotel. Jeez, so much has happened since then. Kara checked the fridge, where there were plenty of eggs, and decided she wanted pancakes and bacon.

She put the bacon under the grill, and while it was cooking, she whisked some eggs. Kara turn, and Lena was sitting on one of the bar stools at the breakfast bar, leaning on it, her face supported by her steepled hands. She was still wearing the t-shirt she slept in. Just-fucked hair really, really suits her. She looks both amused and bewildered.

Kara froze, flush, then gathered herself. Her knees weak at the sight of Lena.

"Good morning, Miss Danvers. You're very energetic this morning." She said dryly.

"I-I slept well." Kara stuttered her explanation. Lena's lips try to mask her smile.

"I can't imagine why." She pausedand frowned."So did I."

"Are you hungry?"

"Very." She said with an intense look, and Kara didn't think she was referring to food.

"Pancakes, bacon, and eggs?"

"Sounds great."

"I don't know where you keep your placemats." Kara shrugged, trying desperately hard not to look flustered.

"I'll do that. You cook." 

Kara stared down at her fingers, knowing that she was turning puce. The blond turned and grabbed the eggs back, continuing to whisk, probably beating them a little harder than necessary. In a moment, Lena was beside Kara. She stroked her cheek.