12

Reya

Reya

I was 6 months pregnant at this point and it was kicking my ass. I had just got home from running some errands and went to use the bathroom. When I got up I saw blood running down my leg and some slight cramping. I started to panic and called Juan.

Juan

I waited in the waiting room mind racing. I was so scared and nervous not knowing what was going on. I felt someone grab my hand and saw Reya's mom, Dawn, she started to rub my back.

"She will be fine baby I said a prayer on the way over and I called your mother"

"Thanks ma" I told her while trying to hold in the tears

Kori walked out in her scrubs. I was happy she was working in the ER today so I knew she would be in good hands.

"Hi Mrs. Dawn" Kori said with a smile while giving her a hug

"Hi baby how is she doing"

"She is good. She needs to take it easy and the doctor will come in once ya'll get back there"

Juan's mother, Evelyn, made it just as the doctor was coming in the room.

"Hello, family I am Dr. Yates her OBGYN and Mrs. Ferguson and baby are fine. She will need to be on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy. If things improve we will re-evaluate at that time"

"Thanks Doc" I said as she walked out. I gave Reya a kiss and rubbed her stomach "I'll be right back"

I went out to the nurse's station where Kori was to check on her.

"Hey sis you good" I asked

"Yea, I'll have to talk to Dave about moving back the house warming to next month. Reya was looking forward to it"

"Awww well I know she'll appreciate"

I saw her fumbling around looking anxious

"Hey come take a break come outside with me"

She sighed and let her co-worker know she will be outside for a second.

I stood facing her "Now are you good"

"Yea Juan I sai-"

I cut her off "Just stop Kori you talking to me"

As soon as I said that she bursted out crying and fell into my chest. I let her just cry as I rubbed her back.

"Bring back memories" I asked and she nodded her head

"I know I know"

"I am just happy that both of them are ok"

"Me too but let me know if you ever want to talk I'm here"

She smiled "Thanks bro I appreciate it"