21

"Damn so how she get your number"

"Hell if I know"

"Where the hell she come from. Ain't nobody heard about her since high school" Dev asked

"My cousin was telling me she been out in Korea. Married some dude that was in the military" Juan said

"Well I don't need her coming back in my life messing shit up"

"Are you going to talk to her" Dave asked

"Fuck yea because I be damned she keep calling my phone. If it wasn't for Lonnie answering the phone and going off on her I would've let it keep ringing"

"So I take it you slept in the man cave" Juan said

"You already know and she was gone already to take Haven to daycare and went to work by the time I got up this morning"

"Yea go ahead and nip that in the bud"

Dev got a notification on his phone. After looking at it for a few seconds he jumped up.

"Bingo got his ass"

"Wassup Dev" Dave looked up from his laptop

"That weight that's been going missing. I finally got around to fixing the camera in the warehouse that mysteriously stopped working"

He pulled up the video on the conference room tv. It showed one of the workers Kevo stuffing some bricks in his duffle bag assuming the camera was still not working.

"He probably disconnected the camera from the last time shit went missing" J said shaking his head

"I wonder if his brother in on this"

"Naw I don't think so because if KJ knew he would've been whooped Kevo ass"

"You right" Dave said with a head nod

J picked his phone up "I'll call Petey up and have him take of it and make a trip up there tomorrow"

Kori

I called into work today due to being sick all day. Nausea would not let me be great. One of my friends who worked on the maternity floor dropped some stuff off to me that she said  would help me with my nausea.

By 4 o'clock I was feeling so much better. I told Dave I'd go pick DJ up from school. DJ got in my car and I said hi to him and gave the driest hi back. I sighed and decided to go to the park.

We walked over to a picnic table and sat him down.

"DJ let's talk. What is going on"

He looked down and saw he had tears in his eyes

"You don't love me anymore. You going to send me back to my real mom"

I frowned "What do you mean. Why don't you think I love you anymore"

He pointed to my stomach "You have a baby now so that means I won't be your baby anymore"

"Awww DJ no you will be my first baby. I will love you just as much I as I will love your little brother or sister. I would never send you back to that lady. You will just have share me sometimes"

"You mean it"

I shook my head

"Ok, I love you mommy Kori"

"I love you my big baby. Go ahead and play for about 20 minutes"

Dave was home when DJ and I pulled up. When we got inside Dave had dinner sitting on the table. He made all my favorites, smothered chicken, mashed potatoes and cabbage. I saw a cup of apple juice and my eyes lit up because during the whole pregnancy that is all I've been wanting besides water.

"Hey dad" DJ said giving Dave a hug

"Sup little punk" he hugged him back and rubbed his head

"DJ go put your book bag up and wash your hands" DJ ran up the steps

"Woooow this food looks amazing" my mouth was watering because I was so hungry

"I knew you would like it"

"Imma go wash my hands"

After we had DJ down and kitchen cleaned. Dave laid in the bed watching TV while I lotioned up after getting out the shower.

"So I talked to DJ today"

"What he say because I see he not being all dry with you now"

"He thought I didn't love him anymore and that I was going to send him back to his mom because I will have my own baby"

"Damn"

"Yea it broke my heart but I told him he will always be my baby no matter what and he wasn't going anywhere"

"My little love you man and I'm just so blessed that he still has a mother figure around"

I smiled "DJ has helped me in many ways and I thank you for letting him be in my life"

"Aight enough with this mushy shit"

"You know Dave I like when you are sensitive because you let that hard exterior down"

"Yea and it is only a few people that can bring the sensitive side out. I'm good as long as no one mess with my kids, woman or family"

"Awww you said kids" I smiled

"Yea I got 3 and I also got you this"

He pulled out a pack of Reese's 

"Omg you spoil me"