Chapter 11

~

Wilbur had gotten you a phone.

You had spent hours convincing him not to after finding out how expensive they were. When he came back home with the box in his hand, you chased him around the apartment, shouting at him. That's how you found out that sometimes he can scream like a toddler.

After the chasing session, Wilbur helped you set up some social media accounts. Wilbur advertised, you could say, your account on his. Within moments, you had over a thousand followers, despite having nothing posted on your account.

"The people love you," Wilbur smirked.

You snorted and stared at the screen in your hand. This was so surreal. If someone told you that you'd discover a completely different world and make a best friend that would help you in every way, you wouldn't believe it. Yet, here you were. You smiled, thinking about all that you had been through and all that you had experienced.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Wilbur asked suddenly, interrupting you from your thoughts.

"Yeah, of course," you said, standing up and brushing yourself off.

The park wasn't very busy, but there were a few people walking around. Feeling the breeze in your hair was so refreshing. A few people looked at you and Wilbur, then they nervously walked toward you both.

"Hey, could we get a photo?" they asked.

You would've been shocked, but seeing that Wilbur was a famous streamer after all, it didn't come as much of a surprise. Wilbur smiled and nodded, then took a photo with the group. One of them looked over at you.

"What are you doing? Get in the photo!" they said lightheartedly.

Now, that was what shocked you. Nervously, you slipped beside Wilbur and smiled as the photo was taken. After the photo, a girl pulled you aside.

"I'll wait for you here," Wilbur said as you got pulled away.

"You're [Y/N], right?" she asked. "From Wilbur's last stream?"

"That's me," you smiled.

You started talking with the girl about Wilbur and the stream for a while, chuckling as she fangirled. You took a separate photo with her, then waved goodbye to the group. It was a lovely encounter.

"Do you deal with that every time you go out?" you asked Wilbur.

"Oh, sometimes," he shrugged.

"That must be amazing," you sighed dreamily. "They were all so nice, especially that girl."

"I can tell," he snickered. "I told you the people love you. I bet Chat is going to be begging to see more of you on my streams."

"Well, you'll have to give them what they want," you grinned.

The rest of the afternoon was rather peaceful, just walking with Wilbur and talking about whatever. Wilbur dropped you off at the puddle as he usually did and you said your goodbyes.

You jumped through the puddle, ready to head to bed after a long day. You arrived back in front of your porch, but all you could see were the townspeople surrounding you.

"Got something to tell us, [Y/N]?"