[5] the lucky compass

Hazel sits in her room, laid on her bed staring at the ceiling

Hazel sits in her room, laid on her bed staring at the ceiling. It was the next day, JJ has spent the night with her, hugging hazel close to his body making promises that he would keep her safe from Rafe.

The door suddenly swings open and JJ puts his head in the door, "Hazel come with me now." The girl is pulled from her bed and shoved into her dads office.

"What do you want?" She asks, looking at John B who is pushed back against the door.

"Haz, we've done something." Kia says, tears in her eyes. "There are two guys here for the compass." John B holds up their dad's compass. Hazel moves towards it taking it from John.

"Dad's compass." She whispers running the pad of her thumb over the patterns.

"John B!" A deep voice shouts threw the house bouncing off the walls.

Hazel's widen with worry, "who is that?"

"Someone who wants the compass and will kill us for it." JJ says, pulling the girl closer to him.

"You guys are so stupid." Hazel says in disappointment

"Um guys, I think there trying to get in." John B said as he felt the door being kicked against his back. The brunette flicks the lock shut, moving his hands up to his head.

"The windows!" Pope whisper shouts, JJ and Pope run over to them and attempt to get them open.

"Their painted shut!" Hazel mutters, running her hands threw her hair tears pricking at her eyes, "We're gonna die. I'm too young to die!"

"Your not gonna die Haz." John B tries to reassure his twin, looking at her softly.

"Try this." Kie says, handing JJ a screwdriver. Hazel steps forward, snatching the screwdriver and pushing JJ out of the way.

"Let a woman try." She mumbles, scraping the paint away, slipping the screwdriver under the window too the other side the best she can and scraping in away. The window is eased open until its fully open. Hazel clambers out of it, JJ not too far behind. John B is last out, running with them to the chicken house. Gunshots fire and The younger Routtledge sister moves closer to the blonde.

JJ wraps an arm tightly around Hazel, pulling her in close too him and covering her ears and head. Kiara breathes heavily, tears streaming down her face. JB places his hand over her own giving her a sense of comfort. A chicken is going crazy which makes one of the men who are carrying crates out of the house turn to glance at the house. JJ pulls Hazel in tighter as her lips quiver and her whole body visibly shakes.

John B can't help the worry that shakes his body as he watches his sister, he never meant to bring her into this. She was too young, too much wonder to live, too much hurt in life. But here she is shaking into JJ, whose shirt muffles her sobs. The chicken flies near John who grips it, snapping its neck. Kia purses her lips holding in her sobs as the two men speaks and the car finally drives off.

Hazel moves herself from JJ over to Kie who is now sobbing, looking at the dead bird in John B's hands. The two girls hug and cry, trying their best to comfort each other. The two are scared out of their minds, their bodies visibly shaking cowering in the corner of the chicken house. JJ feels for the two, they have never experienced this, Hazel is so fragile that a pin drop could break her at a point of weakness and Kie isn't as fragile as Hazel but is still extremely fragile. Her life hasn't been the worst, she has kind parents and money but she has still had a bad enough life as it is with not fitting in anywhere until she met the pogues.

"I'm so sorry Hazel, I didn't mean to bring you into any of this." John apologises, dropping the bird and moving towards his sister, going to touch her waist but she moves away from his hand and further into Kia who hugs her tighter. JJ understands, giving a look at John B who is slightly confused.

"Please don't touch me." She mumbles into the side of the brunette hugging her, whilst calming herself.

"Ze, you good?" JJ asks, making sure to keep his distance and not too scare Hazel.

"I'm just scared J." She whispers, "And this chicken coop smells like shit."

"Okay, lets get out of here." Pope chuckles, climbing out first.

Just as Hazel makes her way out, JJ standing on one side and Kiara on the other, Rafe shows up in the drive way. JJ notices before Hazel does, and grips onto her hand tightly pulling the young brunette behind himself. Hazel notices and tears begin to prick her eyes again. "Get out of here Rafe, she doesn't want too see you." JJ shouts, anger lacing his tone.

Rafe walks over to the blonde, not getting too close. He wears a cap, backward covering his hair and a coral shirt matched with white trainers and blue shorts. "Your not the boss of Hazel JJ." He says, "And your not hiding very well Haze."

"What do you want rafe?" She asks, moving out from behind JJ but not letting go of his hand.

"I came to say I'm sorry, like really sorry. I can't begin to express how sorry I am, my dad found out and he kicked me out and told me to come say sorry. I'm so sorry, Haze. I really am, I didn't mean too, and I won't ever do it again to any one. I was just so angry, its like I couldn't control it and I just needed it too get out of my system and you were there and I'm so sorry. I got you something to say how sorry I am, you don't have to forgive me but can you just take it please." Rafe pleads, tears pricking at his eyes, He pulls out a small ring box and opens it.

A beautiful silver ring with a heart and a missing key hole sits in the middle, diamonds lining the heart. Hazel reluctantly lets go of JJ's hand and steps forward looking at the ring. She takes the box from Rafe's large hand, not smiling at it but examining the ring. "Its beautiful, Rafe."

"I have the key but if you don't want me to keep it its fine, you can give too who you like." Rafe says, looking at Hazel. He steps slightly closer and JJ shifts slightly giving him a hard look and the older Cameron steps back again.

"No, you can keep it. And thank you Rafe. So much. I don't forgive you, and I don't think I ever will but thank you." She steps forward and hugs the teenager. Rafe carefully pats her back, being cautious on where too touch her.

"So are we over, or are we still together?" The brunette asks, as Hazel steps back.

"Can we just be friends, just for a bit. It doesn't mean I don't like you still, I just think we need a small break. We can still talk, and stuff but just not boyfriend and girlfriend things anymore." Rafe feels tears prick at his eyes again but he understands, giving a small nod.

"Well I'm glad you like it Haze, I should probably be going back home now. Talk soon?" He begins too walk away.

"Of course, I want too see Sarah anyway, it feels like forever since I last saw her."

"Yeh I'll talk too her." Rafe nods, and walks off, "See you soon princess."

JJ steps towards Hazel who smiles down at the ring, "You don't forgive him do you?"

"No JJ, of course I dont, but he does do good apologies." She slips on the ring with a small smile. "And J, I will never forgive him, like never. But I have known Rafe most of my life, and it seems a shame for are friendship to go to waste so friends is fine. But it also means that I can keep my options open now." Hazel gives a small wink before walking towards the house.

JJ smirks, he then looks at Rafe who has just disappeared into the trees, he is still going to die for what he did too Hazel, no matter if he apologised, he was still going to die for it.

authors note

okay, I didn't really know what to write for this but ig you got this, remember to comment and vote! <3