Chapter Thirteen

I was so proud of Jamison. He was into the idea of rehab and  willing to stay as long as needed, even if that meant several months. We hadn't talked to his parents yet, but that was on his list of things to do before leaving. 

I decided to go home while he was in rehab. I needed to get back to my regular life and he needed space to work on himself. I didn't want to leave, but I knew I needed to. I had been texting Seth to let him know what was going on and he understood what I was thinking. Plus, Tinkerbell missed me and I missed her. 

Jamison and I chose his rehab facility together- Blue Sky Rehabilitation Center just two miles from his flat. It looked great online and we walked there and back. They offered intense one on one therapy, group therapy and other tools to help people succeed after addiction. He called his insurance company while I re-booked my flight home. I had a return ticket but had changed it after going to the hotel. 

I was set to leave the next day and Jamison was to go to rehab the day afterwards. I could tell in his movements that he was nervous. I was worried for him. I was worried that he wouldn't go after I left, but that eased as time ticked by. Jamison was nervous, but ready for his life to change. During our last dinner in his flat, he said just that- "I am so scared that I won't know how to live a sober life, but I am finally ready to be who I am without drinking." 

I burst into tears. 

"What? What did I say?" He sat his fork next to his plate. 

"I'm crying because I am happy. I am also sad because I don't want to leave you even though I know it's the best thing for both of us." 

I wiped my tears. "I'm sorry. I hate crying." 

"It's okay, love," he said. "It means you have feelings, which is likely my biggest struggle." He got up from his seat and hugged me. We finished eating and cuddled together on the couch for the rest of the night. I had a long flight ahead of me in the morning.