Chapter Three

I walked up the three flights of stairs, carrying my luggage. I was too nervous to wait for the elevator.

Once I was at the door, I paused. I also caught my breath. These stairs were rough. 

Willa, what are you doing? Is this gonna go good or bad? What if he isn't even home? What if some chick answers the door? That will mess you all the way up.

There was only one way to find out, right? If things went bad, I had a plan to go to a hotel. I had plenty of money with me. I'd just chill in London for a week. Alone.

I knocked twice.

I barely breathed.

The door opened and all I could focus on was Jameson's hazel eyes and his smile.

"WILLA? AM I LOSING IT?"

I finally took a breath.

"Yeah. I'm here." I grinned. I threw my arms around him. I didn't smell any alcohol on him and was instantly relieved. He hugged me back. Jameson grabbed my suitcase and pulled it inside with us into his apartment.

I was home. This is what I flew 15 hours for.

The next thing I knew, I was sobbing on his couch. He had barely let go of my hand since i'd shown up and he squeezed it.

"Why are you crying?"

"I don't know. I'm so damn happy. I was scared that I would get here and you would be mad or have another woman here, or be drunk off your ass."

Jameson shook his head. "There is nobody else. It's just you. I haven't drank in a couple days. How was the flight? I've done it and it sucks."
He put his arms around me and I instantly melted into them. His couch was gray, huge and soft. I wasn't going anywhere.
I told him about the flight, my last bag of Hot Cheetos and listening to "Landing in London".

"I love that and I love you," he said. He kissed me and the world stopped.