Chapter Four

I'd fallen asleep on the couch. Without me realizing it, Jameson had fallen asleep holding my hand.
I'd never flown for as long as I had to England, so I wasn't surprised when I woke up around 11 hours later.

"I didn't want to wake you up," Jameson whispered. "I just threw a blanket on you and then I fell asleep." The room was still dark and I could barely see him as he sat next to me. 

I rubbed my eyes. I'd almost forgotten where I was.

Oh, yeah. I was in England.

With Jameson.

 He had opened the blinds in his living room while I was asleep- it was a beautiful day.

The sky was an amazing shade of blue, the sun was out and I could see lots of buildings from the wide balcony windows.

"Do you want to stay in? Go out? I'm okay either way."

I stretched out next to Jameson. "Maybe later, " I said. "I just want to sit with you."

He grinned and turned on Netflix. 

We sat together and watched a couple of British reality shows- I had watched some before my trip, but these were definitely different from anything I had watched. 

At one point, I gave him an "are you serious" look and he laughed. 

"Ready for fish and chips? The ones here beat the ones in the States." 

I got up and threw on my shoes and a jacket. "Sure, I love fish and I can get in some walking while we go." 

We walked hand in hand down the steps and our entire three-block walk to a pub. 

Fisherman's Pub was huge! There were tables and people everywhere. We grabbed a small booth and I stared out the window next to me. Jameson laughed. 

"Getting an eyeful?"

"Basically. It's gorgeous here." 

We placed our orders with the waitress, who complimented my Southern accent. It definitely wasn't going anywhere. 

As we sat, waiting for our food (both of us ordered fish and chips. I even asked for hot sauce!), we stared at each other for a couple of minutes. I think that it was still sinking in for both of us that we were together, that I had really flown over 4,000 miles to be with Jameson. I only had a week off from work, and I intended to make the best of it. 

"Would you like to meet my family? I've told them about you."

"Oh really?" I giggled. "Let's do that tomorrow. I look awful!" 

"You look amazing even when you've just woken up. I'll ring my mum and let her know later." 

Inwardly, I was entirely freaked out. 

You're going to meet his family? YIKES! But wait, this is what you wanted, right? 

While we waited for our food, we talked about podcasts, London and how Tinkerbell was doing without me. I also texted Seth: 

I'm good over here. I'm meeting his family tomorrow. 

WHAT?? YES GIRL 

How is my cat? I miss her. 

She's fine, I just fed her and she's sitting on your bed. I think we're besties. 

Thanks diva. I owe you big. 

Yeah. Take a ton of pics. x

I will x

I loved my dinner. Hot sauce can make anything great, but the fish was some of the best I've ever had. It was so good to share a meal with someone I cared about so much. After we finished, Jameson and I walked a few blocks and went back to his apartment.