𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚

•••••

Lucifer POV:

    It was the week before the detective's birthday and I knew I had to get her something that had a personal meaning behind it. The problem was that I had no idea what to get her as her birthday present, and then I remembered about the bullet that I kept after I insisted that the detective shoot me to prove a point.

Which, that happened a while back in our partnership, but I thought at least this present will give the detective a good laugh.  So I headed to the nearest jewelry store which happened to be on the east coast of Los Angeles. The manager of this establishment had owed me a favor, so the custom necklace I bought was free instead of being almost a thousand dollars.

••••••

It was now the day of the detective's birthday and her special birthday necklace was locked away in a safe behind a painting that is in my penthouse. After getting ready I headed to the precinct because you know even the devil has a job.

When I went inside the precinct red and blue rave lights were flashing and music was playing, there was also a giant fake cake that I guess had someone hidden inside.

My guess was correct because this stripper dressed as a police man popped out. I decided to join in so I went and grabbed two sirens and placed them on my chest and started to dance around. Dan walked up to me and had asked, "did you do this" and I replied "nope."  All of the sudden Ella started showering the detective with one dollar bills.

The detective  asked, "was this you" Miss Lopez replied with, "yep make it rain birthday girl!" as she ran away. Suddenly I got a phone call from the LVPD, they said that apparently my ex candy was murdered.  Instead of bothering the detective on her birthday I walked out of the main room and into Miss Lopez's lab because no one was in there at the moment.

•••••••

Chloe POV:

    I saw Lucifer answer a phone call and walk into   Ella's lab, but I didn't think anything of it until I saw Ella also walk in. I walked over to the door and was trying to listen until I heard him say, "I don't wanna bother the detective." "I'll just pop over to sin city and then come back." After I walked in I asked him what he was going to investigate but he said and I quote, "nothing for you to worry about, except getting older."

He said that as him and Ella were pushing past me to get the elevator, I followed them of course but Lucifer kept telling that I shouldn't worry and that I should "shake my booty while I still can." I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and pleaded, "but....it's my birthday."

He said, "exactly"and then Ella threw some one dollar bills out the elevator doors.
...............

After the precinct fiasco, I headed to Linda's office. I just pulled up into the parking lot and headed inside the building. I knocked on her door but I didn't here anyone so I opened the door. I saw Linda eating her lunch. She asked me what was wrong and I explained, "well, have you heard from Lucifer I had a question about a case and I can't seem to get a hold of him." Linda looked shocked and asked, "no why, has something happened."

"No nothings happened, I was just we were at the precinct celebrating my birthday and then all of the sudden him and Ella left without so much as an explanation."  "But it's probably just Lucifer being Lucifer....probably." I know that Linda could here the indecisiveness in my voice but she asked the question that I was avoiding. She asked, "do you want me to go with you to Lucifers to check if he's there."  I replied, "please"