𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚

Chloe pov:

After getting off the phone with chief Olivia, Lucifer told me that he could get carver to come to Lux so that we could talk to him about Lindsey. We had headed our separate ways after our conversation. Lucifer went back to Lux and I headed home to get ready for the events, that were going to happen later on this evening.

I decided on a plain white long-sleeve t-shirt and black jeans, with a gold belt to go with it. Instead of leaving my hair down I pulled it into a low pony and then I put on my boots and headed to Lux.

••••

When I got to Lux it was packed from wall to wall with people. I pushed past all of the women and men and headed to the main elevator that led to the penthouse.  While waiting to get to the penthouse I was trying to build up the courage to confront Lucifer about yesterday morning, how he just broke into my house, like who does that.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that the elevator had stopped moving and I was now at the penthouse.

I walked out of the elevator but didn't see anyone. The penthouse was dark the only light that was on were the bar lights and even those were very dim.

Chloe: uh... hello?
Chloe: uh, Lucifer?

Then I heard his voice, his very, heavily accented voice.

Lucifer: Be out in a moment.
Lucifer: Just getting ready.

It was kinda awkward because I was just standing in the middle of his penthouse as I waited for him to come out of his bedroom.

Chloe: Ok
Chloe: uh, did you do what I told you to do and call carver about the player's club?

Then it went silent.

Lucifer: Make yourself a drink, detective.

He must have thought I was crazy.

Chloe: No. No. No more drinks.
Chloe: No more blurred lines
Chloe: No more breaking into my house or trying to sleep with me.

Chloe: Look, this is a professional relationship.
Chloe: I'm a police officer and you...

I was speechless. I couldn't speak. No words. I could feel my face heating up from embarrassment. I gasped and giggled a little.

Chloe: are naked.
Chloe: oh...

Lucifer stood there right in front of me, naked, and I didn't know what to do.  So I just slowly turned around, so he couldn't see how red my face had gotten.

Lucifer: Speaking of my surprise visit yesterday.
Lucifer: I decided turnabout's fair play.
Lucifer: You know, tit for tat sort of thing.

All he did was chuckle. How could he be laughing right now.

Chloe: This is beyond inappropriate.
Lucifer: and brave wouldn't you say?
Lucifer: Number three on the C.K.C list: take risks.