Chapter Three

Stephanie's Pov
The light scent lingered through out the kitchen, my heavy set sleepy eyes watching everything as it cooked. Oh how wonderful it would be to just sleep the day away like I use to back in the states. Of course my therapist said it was never healthy to sleep your life away. Did that ever stop me? Not one bit

I held back a small yawn cooking the bacon propping my hand into my chin some more. I gave a small spare glance over my shoulders hearing my mom shuffling in to the wide open kitchen her perfume lingering around.

"Morning your coffee is right there." I muttered, tilting my head a bit, think I made too much food, oh well.

"Thanks honey, I won't be home till tomorrow morning so when you leave make sure to lock the doors. Oh! I've been wondering have you made any friends since the big move." I hummed a little shutting off the stove, spinning around to face her, I wasn't even dressed for school yet. I really just wanted a quick off day.

"Yeah, I hang out Yuiko and Yuna sometimes, or no one. " I chuckled handing her over her lunch for today which she took flashing me a smile.

"I mean any boys you like." I made a small face at her,

"Mom I barely have time to finish my homework, no boys for now, also you are gonna be late." I nodded towards the clock ticking on the stove. She made a quick fast pressing a messy lipgloss kiss to my forehead making me make a face as she left. I still had about two hours till school started.

I was taken back when I heard the buzzing sound from the door. Wonder if she left something. I brushed off my fuzzy bottoms before I slide my way to the door yanking it open.

"Did you leave something-" I was quick to shut up at the sight.

"Morning Steph!" I laughed quietly, at the sight of the two blondes.

"Hi Mikey, and woah you must be Draken, I've seen you from a far, I didn't think you were that tall you look like a high schooler." He blinked at me before he was chuckling shutting his eyes for a moment.

"I like her, she's not afraid to just blurt out what she thinks." I nervously rubbed at the back of my neck laughing quietly.

"Eheh yeah that gets me in trouble a lot, anyway, are you guys hungry, I made too much food." I barely had to gesture before Mikey was exclaiming taking his shoes off entering rushing towards the kitchen I facepalmed slightly before holding the door for Draken.

"Here welcome, make yourself at home." He chuckled ducking through the entrance way, slipping his shoes off as well.

"Seems Mikey knows his way around already." I shut the door behind us both, leading us to the kitchen.

"He dropped me off at home last week, he stayed till like one am since my mom wasn't here." We were half way into the kitchen already seeing Mikey stuffing his face with bacon and eggs sitting on the counter.

"Actually leave some for people to eat Mikey." Draken exclaimed out with a deep roll of his eyes. I let the two bicker on and on, grabbing a water bottle to sip from.

"Eat as much as you like, my anti depressants surpass my eating so much." The two got quiet snapping their heads over to me quick like.

"You are on meds?" I nodded my head a couple times like it wasn't a big deal.

"Correct I have high functioning depression, been taking them since I was thirteen." Mikey yet again was staring at me, like I was this amazing thing to study.

"Actually I'm really impressed with your Japanese Stephanie, how did you learn?" Draken questioned towards me snatching away the bacon from Mikey to stuff into his own mouth eating it.

"Hey!"  I drank the rest of my water switching back to English for a moment.

"My older brothers fiance taught me when we moved out here, so I wouldn't struggle in school." Draken looked impressed grinning at me.

"I can understand English, Mikey knows bits and pieces we are gonna be good friends we could tease him." I laughed gently at his expression, a bit just how best friends would do teasing one another.

"I'm not stupid you thought, I've been learning English to so ha!" Draken was quick to look back over at Mikey who was smirking with little giggles leaving him with ease.

"So like best friends to tease one another, I gotta get ready for school." I said through my light laughter pushing off the sink, tossing the water bottle away.

"Hey I was thinking Steph, you always look exhausted and you seem to do everything around here, how about for like one day you ditch with us, maybe I can show you the gang." I locked my gaze with Mikey who looked like he was really enjoying this idea.

"I catch into habits really fast, if I ditch now, I'm always gonna wanna do it."

"If you come with us, I'll buy you whatever you want from the store." Draken didn't have to tell me twice. As he shot me a side grin.

"Let the adventure start!"

"First girlie go get changed."

English -Bold
Japanese -Normal