Chapter Five

Stephanie's Pov
"So you are telling me, you are friends with a boy in a gang and hang out with him every night and mom doesn't say shit! Oh how lucky you are, she would have had my ass." I left my phone resting near me on the pillows, watching the needle threading through the pillow I was making. It was quite calming watching it thread in and out.

"Correction, mom knows nothing about these friends Joshua, and you shall not tell her, she's been doing those strange all nighter shifts and doesn't come back till the next day."  I paused hearing him shuffling around in the background.

"We all know I'm not gonna tell her, but like are you being safe? Running around with your little boyfriend, if the rival gang learns about you, hit man!" I gasped dramatically, huffing.

"He isn't my boyfriend! But he's adorable if you met him, you wouldn't think he ran a gang." Joshua was humming.

"They think they are hard, let them met a gang back in the states." I wasn't really listening to his loud ass rambles, occasionally I made a noise here and there acting like I was listening, till I heard a few sharp knocks on my window. I looked up in confusion, but I grabbed my phone really quick.

"Hey I gotta go! Lady problems."

"Ew Steph I didn't need to know!" I hang up tossing my phone over to land on the pillows again, hopping off the bed to open up the window.

"Well you look like shit, come in." I helped Mikey climb into the window shutting it making him sit on the edge of the bed, he had a nasty cut on his cheek, first time I had actually seen him quite injured like this. I grabbed the first aid kit resting on my dresser.

"Do I wanna ask?" He hissed when my fingers pressed onto the tender wound, he flinched back slightly.

"Just caught me off guard, I don't like knives it's a bitch move to bring them to a damn fight." I chuckled slightly pouring  some peroxide pressing it onto the wound, a bit hearing him whining loudly as I did so.

"Mikey I'm assuming you've been in your gang long enough to know not everyone is gonna be fair when it comes to things like that. Especially when it comes to proving yourself you'll never know next time it could be more then a knife and a bat, could be a gun next time just be careful yeah shortie."

He hissed yet again, watching me toss the cotton ball into the trash bin, before I grabbed a little patch bandage placing it there. I jolted when I felt him grab my wrist when I was finished with the task at hand.

"First you are only tall by one inch, just like you are only older by one year. Second thank you I didn't wanna bother Emma with this." I chuckled quietly patting at his red cheek slightly.

"You're very welcome just climb into my open window anytime I'll be your nurse." I said through my loud giggles. He laughed quietly watching me, close up the box setting it to the side.

"Hey Steph when I first talked to you, you had your morals on me," I once again nodded my head at him, stuffing my hands into my hoodie keeping my eyes watching him slowly lay back on my bed. "Have they changed at all?" A faint grin went on my face, exhaling as I looked down at the floor.

"A bit yeah, you are still young, you have a lot to learn, I thought you were honestly stupid, but after actually hanging out with you. I can conclude you are very stupid and reckless, and childish." He looked hurt holding his chest with the biggest pout across his features.

"But you care about others and your friends. They are your family and I respect that. So no I don't think you are just some some boy, trying to be a bad boy. I can see it's your family." I smiled making my way to lay next to him on the bed, the mattress bouncing in place as I did so. His eyes were very soft like, before he was smiling looking back up at the ceiling.

"I still think you can balance kicking peoples asses and your homework though." The wheeze like laugh that left him, had me very much shaking with laughter. "How about this, I'll do my homework if you let me copy off you." I flicked his forehead so quickly with a loud exclaim.

"I barely finish my math homework, but will see if you earn it yeah." He was also shaking with laughter looking relaxed, we laid there kind of just chatting he told me about what happened that night, it was full he got silent I had noticed he had dozed off on my shoulder. Knowing me, I just let him sleep, grabbing a blanket to place over him resting my head on top of his. He had a long night.