Chapter Thirteen

Stephanie's Pov
"You are lucky you aren't grounded young lady what the actual fuck where you thinking? running around with a ducking gang?! You are so lucky you aren't died right now and only have a broken ankle." Here we go the longest scolding to man kind.

My mom could be a little much, especially since I was not forbidden to see Mikey and any of them, and she had my older brother scolding me. I was already annoyed on bed rest till I was adjusted to my crutch for school.

"I honestly don't know how this is my fault when I'm not even involved in Toman's gang stuff like that. I'm friends with them, there is a huge difference. All I do is tell Mikey some advice from time to time and how to handle their arrangements." I kept my hand pressed firmly under my jaw the entire time just wanting to get high off the pain meds and fall asleep. What even was the fucking point of Mikey telling me his feelings just to say he isn't allowed to see or even talk to me even more?

"Mom is this all? I am in pain and I just wanna fall out." I grabbed the crunch to help balance myself heading to my room, at least for once she didn't say anything else and left me be. It took a bit of time before I face planted into my bed with annoyance groaning as I hid my head into the pillows the cool feeling from them coursing through me with so much ease. So can you really avoid me for weeks Mikey?

_______________________________
At school, Mikey was very smart when it came to knowing where and when to hide to avoid me. All the spots we use to hang out at, he even knew how-to avoid me at his locker, most days. Yet today wasn't the day he could.

I leaned against the locker, multitasking with my crutch and my phone glancing up with I heard the two voices speaking before I heard a rough voice inhaling I stuffed my phone into my skirt pocket watching Draken step between the two of us.

"Steph? You know you shouldn't be straining your ankle too much. Why aren't you in class? Mikey can't talk to you." I sighed roughly leaning my head back for a moment.

"Draken I love you, and you are an amazing friend but I will hit you with the crutch and walk away. I just need to talk to Mikey without someone guarding him like I'm gonna hurt him." He narrowed his eyes but sighed nodding moving away Mikey at first was avoiding eye contact as he moved towards me, muttering lowly.

"You should be resting Steph." He grumbled even more lifting that head of his for a moment to yank all his messy hair from his face.

"You usually have more to say Mikey, I don't know why a cat has your tongue when you said so much in my hospital room." For just
a small moment his tongue clicked against his cheek.

"That.. Oh yeah that was a misake-" I sighed and grabbed him by the white shirt he was wearing yanking him towards me, a shocked yelp leaving him, I pressed my lips into his firmly feeling him melt against me so quickly his lips moving his lips with my own. It was a small minute before I parted and broke away from the kiss, his eyes were widen and cheeks were flushed a firm red staring at me.

"You never let me also say that I feel the same way about you before you ran away. The Mikey I know... Doesn't run away or in fact hide. He faces things head on even if it involves adults like my mom." I sighed sinking my shoulder back for a moment.

"Maybe she has my well being in mind because at the same time I'm confused but I know Mikey that maybe it won't be so confusing as teens running around being wild." I cracked a faint smile as I exhale again, recalling what Takemichi had told me, in so much depth about what he knew. And we needed to stay alive for that.

"So maybe Mikey don't run away when things get confusing or hard. Totally not like you guys also I think my kiss was better then yours in the hospital." His face was still very red and his eyes wide, Draken also stared at me his eyes wide a bit mouth dropped he snapped his head over to Mikey.

"You kissed her in the hospital! Go Mikey!"

"Would you shut up it was the only way I could think of to confess!" I snickered a little sighing as I grabbed my crutch again needing a little breather that's what was needed after a long day.